IGNORED

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

st0878

Should protect the heritage and keep it yellow?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should protect the heritage and keep it yellow?

• Paint the damn thing.
    • Protect the heritage.

Here's the pictures. Sorry it was getting dark. It's a 75 with 91k miles or is it 191k miles (we'll never know). I want to thank all you guys (and Vicky) for your great replys! I've learned that if I decide to change the color you guys won't rip me apart. And Bush sucks as a president (that I already knew). I know lets change the color of my car and paint Bush yellow!LOL

I'm still torn as to whether to change the color or not. You know some days I go out there an think that the car looks great and other days I think it look like sh*%&. I was thinking of maybe keeping it yellow but changing it to a softer yellow like the I've seen on the new VW beatles (is that what they call em?). It's a nice shade that doesn't SREAM YELLOW when you see it.

I'm still taking your input and appreciate the the great posts so far!

EZ

post-5695-1415079401241_thumb.jpg

I agree with many others in saying paint it what you want. You really only have to answer to yourself. It is yours!

Be careful when selecting the colour though. Darker colours will show all the little dents more than a lighter colour. So that will mean longer prep times for you or your wallet. Metallic shows up more too vs flat colours.

My Zed is a colour that I am not happy with. I may every intention of changing it to a colour that I want. Only problem is that I have changed my mind twice already and I haven't completely striped the car. Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I say paint it what you want , if the car was an early 70 or a more rare car I might go back original , but in the end I think its really what you think will make you happy when you drive and wash her . And I had a red one when I was younger and mine now is Yellow and was originally lime , might paint mine red , not sure yet :) , love to see pics after its done:geek:

st0878

I've got 3 1971 Zeds. One is 918 Orange, the second is 901 Silver. My last Z is a custom two tone gold and black color.All stunning cars.

I like originality. If it's a custom job I like it to be done very professionally with a lot of skill and work.

I like your 280Z. Great color. Get the hood painted yellow. Look at it this way. People who snap their heads couldn't care less the age of the man/woman driving the car. The car caught their eye.

The hole world knows your unable to live the good like till your 40+.............

-Brandon

Oooh Vicky, sometimes you've got it goin' on girlfriend! This just isn't one of those times you silly thing!ROFLLOL :stupid:

Will

If he paints it like that , "the license must say"fresh, and have dice on the mirror!", and he can only drive it while wearing flourescent suspenders and a most excellent bowtie!

What would people think? I'm not sure but I don't think the leading question would have anything to do with trying to be 18 again-unless he just happens to bear a striking resemblance to George Burns-ahem!

Originally posted by hls30.com

Oooh Vicky, sometimes you've got it goin' on girlfriend! This just isn't one of those times you silly thing!ROFLLOL :stupid:

Will

If he paints it like that , "the license must say"fresh, and have dice on the mirror!", and he can only drive it while wearing flourescent suspenders and a most excellent bowtie!

What would people think? I'm not sure but I don't think the leading question would have anything to do with trying to be 18 again-unless he just happens to bear a striking resemblance to George Burns-ahem!

Will

You understand that I was being a smart azz, right? I wasn't suggesting he do that, quite the opposite. But as the thread started out. "It's your car do what you want". Just leave off the spinners. What else are these ricer manufacturers going to come up with next? Wait, I know, the neon lit steering wheel LOL

Vicky