IGNORED

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

st0878

Should protect the heritage and keep it yellow?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should protect the heritage and keep it yellow?

• Paint the damn thing.
    • Protect the heritage.

I live in south Florida and let me tell you it's hard to find a Z that's not rust terminal. A few months back I ran across a yellow 76Z that structurally was is in pretty damn good shape. I jumped on it an bought it for $1200. I'm real happy with the find! The only problem is that well......it's yellow! It's been repainted, but it's original color was yellow too. I want to repaint it and I can't decide if I should keep it yellow (which some days really looks kinda cool) or change it to another color. The problem is that I'm 43 now and I don't want look like I'm trying to be 18! So should I change the color to something a little more mature or maintain the car's original color? And if I did change the color would I be cast into the burning fires of hell and have my Classic Zcar membership revoked and forced to surf only HybridZ.com for the rest of my days? :sick:

I posted pictures on Post 42 of this thread or you can go to my gallery. thnx

well im 38 but if any one asks i go to say im 21 before reality hits in paint any colour you like i quiet like yellow on a zed can look great but one thing i do say its a bigger job to do a total colour change than re spray inside doors hatch engine bay and so on

Mick

The only one who has to be happy with your car is you! Paint it any color you want-I can say that because I am 40 and trying to figure out a new color for my '72! If someone thinks I am trying to be 18 again, that's their opinion and they are welcome to it! Find your perfect color, paint the Z, and enjoy the ride!!:classic:

Will

Another option you may consider is to paint it another "original" Z color. There were 10 or so colors available in '76 so there may be one that suits you. It's not keeping your car original but it's closer to it than painting in Camry Beige or VIper Yellow or whatever. The trick may be choosing one that goes with your interior - if it's black that's not much of a problem. Anyway that's the route I plan to take with my Z someday - going from 901 Silver to 113 Green Metallic most likely.

My page may help a little: http://www.utdallas.edu/~perdue/paintcodes.html Sorry I dont have the application dates listed yet - been busy lately.

michael

I vote keep her Yellow as inside the car like floors etc will always be yellow. I think Yellow is a cool color and I thought you guys all own Z's to feel 18 again ROFL anyway.

It's a great color really stands out day and night good way to get noticed.

I like red and yellow as my first two preferences on a Z then blue and white.

Green is a bit further back.

Gav