IGNORED

Social Poll...

Zvoiture

How far do you live from where you grew up?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you live from where you grew up?

• Under 10 miles (16km)
    • 10-50 miles (80km)
    • 50-100 (160km)
    • 100-200 (320km)
    • 200-500 (800km)
    • 500-1000 (1600km)
    • 1000-2000 (3200)
    • Over 2000 miles

Born in VA, moved to Ohio (6 mon old), moved to Kobe, Japan (3 yrs old) 1960-66 moved twice , moved to NJ (9 yrs old), moved to Walnut Creek CA (11 yrs old). I got tired of moving and have been here since 1968. Great place to live but the housing and gas cost are out of this world.

Wonderful time growing up in western Mass and southern Vermont. At age 22 I took a job that allowed me drive to and through the contiguous 48 states, most of them many times over. I loved every minute and have a bunch of favorite places and memories. Pacific NW, SoCal, Fla, MD, DC, Chicago, the Nat'l Parks man what a great country!

After 8 years of travelling I ended up in another country....Houston, Texas

Grew up in NJ, schooled in Buffalo, NY and then relocated to Arizona. I'd be back in AZ in a instant if I knew I could maintain secure work there.

As a result, I'm back in NJ (like to stay until retirement) and then back to AZ.

Luckily I have family (wifes side) in AZ to visit on occassion. I suspect the next visit will result in me missing my return flight only to bring a no-rust driver home.

I'll be sure to call upon our AZ members to help me recon a vehicle before my next trip...

Born and raised in Portland, OR and now live in Stevenson, WA in the heart of the beautiful Columbia River National Scenic Area. I have traveled alot and continue to do so, but there is no place like home.

Moved to Sarasota in 1969 from Milwaukee. One of my first new friends went to the New York Auto Show with his father who came home and immediately ordered a 240Z from the Datsun dealer - Her Majesty the 26th.

Born in Milford, Connecticut

Grew up in South Florida (south of Miami)(1956-1989)

Live in Athens, GA

Almost everyone in South Florida was from somewhere else. My wife was one of the few natives I have known.

ecp48

Born in Ellensburg, Washington, same as my mom. Parents moved to Seattle, WA. when I was a few months old. Stayed there until age 6, then Dad decided it was time to move back to "God's Country," Okanogan County in Eastern Washington where he was born & raised. He bought a tavern in Oroville, WA. where my great grandfather, an Italian immigrant, had a cattle ranch and a hotel/bar in the 1890's -- the hotel and bar are gone, but the family still has the ranch. When he first immigrated he followed the railroad as it was being built in southern BC (British Columbia, Canada, just 4 miles north of Oroville) with a tent saloon and restaurant. After graduating high school I went to college at Gonzaga University in Spokane, got my journalism degree and moved to Seattle. After five years there I had to get out. Loved the area, hated the rain and traffic. I moved back to the dry side of the state and my old hometown and saved Seattle for visits. Became editor of our local newspaper. Got married to a girl from one town south, bought a house and divorced. I have two kids one in college in Spokane. I bought a couple of Zs and another house ROFL (it's either laugh or cry). I live in a log home on the Okanogan River with my dog Sophie. The house has a huge garage (pic attached) for my Z project and is about a mile from my boyhood home and from the ranch. Don't plan on moving again. I talk too much. Take it eZ, Gary.

post-5416-14150793864041_thumb.jpg

Grew up in the cornfields of Decatur, IL.

Then spent 7 years in Los Angeles at UCLA in grad school - 2250 miles from IL.

Then 5 years in South Carolina (first real job) - 900 miles from IL.

Then 7 years in Maryland, north of Baltimore - 725 miles from IL.

Now in Champaign, IL - 45 miles from home.

Looks like I spent most of my time circling the country back to central IL!

Started out in SoCal 'till 11. On to Titusville, Fla. 'till 17. Hitchhiked back to Bellflower in SoCal in 1970 through the deep south with another longhaired hippie friend. Now THAT was an adventure! Then on to California. Whittier, Paramount, El Monte, Long Beach, Lynwood, San Diego, Lynwood again, San Fransisco, Vallejo, Long Beach again, Orange, Santa Ana, Orange again, Oxnard, Ventura, Renton, Wa., Ventura again, Garden Grove, Las Vegas (during the week for work), Ventura, and soon back in Las Vegas for work again. Whew! That was tiring.

I was born in Helena Montana as were my parents and my grandparents. From there to Boise Idaho until I was three and then back to Montana. After high school I moved to Texas for a bit and then back to THE mountains of Montana. I followed that with a short stint in Utah and then Seattle before making my next return to Montana. I moved from Montana to the Detroit metro area about seven years ago. Since I've been in Michigan I have also lived in Cleveland, Oil City - PA, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Boston when work required relocating. Needless to say I do go back to Montana at least twice a year.