IGNORED

Bad day at the races

zr240

On Friday my car was totaled by a 944 Porsche:(

Ity happened in pratice when I spun on the first turnand ended up on the outside of the coner about 2 meters of the race track. The Yellow flags cam out and I tryed to restart the car. I couldnt get it running again (carbies were flooded). The after about a minute a 944 who wasnt paying attention to the yellow flags lost control and t boned my car on the left hand side. I was not hurt just got a few bruses. But my poor Z is pretty much stuffed. Hopfully I can rebuild it but its soooo disapointing when you put so much time ito a car and some ##!! head runs into you. Anyway you can check out the picks in my gallery. I will post some better shots when I get time. The left side is prettty totaled and the transmition tunnel is bent and torn apart.

Ash

I cringed when I approved those pics Ash...:disappoin

Hope you have access to a good chassis for parts to fix it, or you can rebuild another suitable chassis. Knowing all to well how hard it is to find a solid inner fender/strut tower, it looks like you will have your hands full for a while.

Hate to see a Z get stuffed like that, but at least you were able to walk away.

Now everyone can see why I've been hesitant about rebuilding the stuffed race car I have had sitting in my shop for years, I'd hate for it to get bent again and lose a good chassis.:ermm:

Ash,

Sorry to hear about your loss, on the bright side you walked away from it. What must really hurt is that it wasn't even your fault.

What are the chances of a Trans Am replice 240z race car project?

Rusty

Hello zr240,

Our prayers & thoughts are with you on this great loss. Stuff happens. But you know, if you're gona die, die with your boots on! Get it all together with another car and ride again!

Good luck.

oh, so what did, what's his name? ##!! head, say about it after the smoke cleared?

Damm bad luck Ashley, big hit by the look of it.:disappoin Bloody Porka drivers.:mad:

I nearly T-boned a WRX the other day, effing wanker passed me in a corner round the outside, lost it and was sliding sideways down the track, smoke pouring off the tyres, right in front of me. Did he cop an earful back in the pits.:finger:

I'm just curious...having never had an on-(or off!)track experience like this YET...What does a person say after they do something like this? What does he say to you? Sorry?

well if he honestly believes its 100 percent his fault then yeah, but thats about it. usually the guy will claim it wasnt his fault but thats racing.

i had a huge loose at peak revs in third gear at oran park on sunday just after the bridge, came to a stop in the middle of a blind corner. thank god the flaggie was on the ball with the yellow flag or id be wearing the bonnet of an old V8 supercar who was 3 secs behind me and closing fast.

sorry to hear Ash, how bads the shell?

Hey dude really sorry to see something like that, makes me think again before i even go out on a track with my car :ermm: . I'm even more frustrated i never got to see your car when it was in one piece.

I'm wondering if that other car in your garage could be used as more than a roof donor now?

Best of luck at getting things back together.

Geez Ash, very sorry to see that.

What are you options now?

Is you brothers car on the cards or are you going to strip the parts and start on a new base or the unthinkable?

I was going to give you a ring on the weekend as I was carting engines around etc in my new ute and was going to drop by but lucky I didnt interrupt you in your time of "mourning"

Originally posted by Zvoiture

I'm just curious...having never had an on-(or off!)track experience like this YET...What does a person say after they do something like this? What does he say to you? Sorry?

steve

Seems to depend on the person and the incident, in my minimal experience it is a situation like no other, hard to explain. Perhaps because you can feel very physically threatened in an already excited state and then react accordingly.:geek: