IGNORED

Identify those brakes

kutukutu1

Hello, I recently bought a 78 280z and it came with a rear disc conversion installed.

Both my rear lines are kinked and leaking and i am trying to identify which kit it is and where i can source 2 braided rear lines.

By searching around it looks to be the silvermine kit. The mounting bracket looks like its theirs. the caliper looks like the maxima caliper.

I would like some confirmation from those that have more experience since i am a newb in the z world and its upgrades.

I have looked at various sites and they all sell the kit, but none sell the brake line alone.

Thanks

20170511_225832.jpg

20170511_225744.jpg

20170511_225657.jpg

Edited by kutukutu1

Those look like mid 80's Maxima calipers ( 90% sure on that. A popular swap ) .  Doesn't really matter, as they are Tokico calipers and Tokico is an OEM manufacturer of Nissan brake parts. All of the Datsun calipers around the 80's and 90's had the same Banjo bolt thread size.

Silvermine motors will make the SS brake hoses to fit. Just tell them your year and Model of Car. $75 a pair.  I have a 1976 280Z and I have their custom made brake hoses for Maxima rear calipers sitting in front of me. Look to be exactly what you need .  All fittings are included, including new crush washers, Banjo bolts and even retaining clips.

Silvermine Motors sells all individual parts for their brake kits. 

http://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-280z/brake-kit-individual-parts

Here's the link to the custom made SS brake hoses:

http://www.silverminemotors.com/datsun/datsun-280z/brake-kit-individual-parts/steel-braided-lines

Alright, so i got the lines, they are great, but i found out why the other ones got damaged. When the car is down on the tires and suspension compressed, the bracket on the caliper that holds the ebrake sheath hits square on the line where it meets the hardline, which in turn is why the old line was damaged. The ebrake bracket is cast with the caliper so there is no way of moving it. Any suggestion? A solution is to just cut it and not have an ebrake, but if i can have an ebrake, then better.

You can see in the first picture i posted the bracket and the flex line where it got hit by the bracket.

My caliper is not an 85-86 maxima caliper. Those dont have the ebrake bracket cast with the caliper. Can anyone identify the caliper form the pics?

Edited by kutukutu1

ok, looked thru a bunch of pictures and i have the 280zx rear calipers. Has anyone had the same issue with the ebrake bracket hitting the flex line and damaging it? Did you reroute the hardline out of the way? Any info is appreciated.

thanks