Trying to complete my labor of love and bring a father/daughter project back to life on a 1972 240 z original persimmon and white interior.

This started as a father daughter project and life and poor health got in the way! I'm back on the case and have finished the mechanics, just trying to complete the last of the bits and pieces.

Would love to drive up to my dads house with her purring and beautiful! 

I have monitored all the regular sites, and either can't find, they are in poor shape, or are too expensive! (I'm already way over budget!) So, I'm hoping some fellow members may have some of these needed parts they are ready to "part" with at a reasonable price. (No pun intended!) 

The below parts needed:

1) Left front blinker full assembly (need lens in good shape)

2) a/c control unit (interior) I have the functioning A/C unit, but would love the controls that mounts to left of the upper left console by the gear shift. 

3) 240 horn pad and/ or the spring and mechanism behind it.

4) rubber grommets around inside of engine compartment, same for those inside the lower rear hatch ( mine are really dried out)

5) choke handle ( interior) *** FOUND! Thanks to Grannyknot :) 

6) 1972 chrome wheels and/ or tires in good condition 

7) Original SU carbs by chance? 

8) White interior pieces ( rear area and the antenna access area... Don't want new, too white!) 

9) rear hatch strut? Mine is ok, but kinda weak. 

10) rear hatch louvers ( the no drill kind)

11) Antenna motor-working (mast not needed) 

i think that's it for now. If you happen to have any of these items please let me know.

i will check off and/or update this list as parts are found. I will also add any parts that may be needed as I finish my restoration, so please check back :) 

Ok my fellow Zer's, can you assist me in finishing this true labor of love! 

Thanks much for the help in advance!

Kira The lil Z lady!

you can reach me here or

at kirareisch@gmail.com

Below is my Z prior to restoration in 2005 

image.jpeg

Edited by KiraK
Update

Kira,

I have a 240 rear overrider bar available, but I don't remember what year it is from. Is there any identifying measurements you can convey that would help me determine what year it is for?

Or, as an alternative... Could you identify it simply from a photograph? Cause I could certainly do that.

• Like 1

Hi there Captain!

It seems the front override was the same for the 70-73 240's Looks to be approximately 38" inches in length end to end ( in a straight line, not accounting for the nose point.) 

Does that help? Let me know. 

Thanks much! 

Kira

The lil z lady

Edited by KiraK

Hi Captain, 

My above won't help, as I was talking about the front override, which I'm also looking for. Oops, my bad..

let me do a little quick research and get right back to you! 

Thanks much! 

Kira ;)

Hi Captain,

I am still researching dimensions to help us identity your rear override. However I have learned that like the front override, there is no difference between the 1970 and 1973 overides, so if your override came from a 240z then we should be good!

As for identifying marks, none known, so no luck there. I'll continue to see if I can find dimensions for you. In the meantime, can you send some photos? That might help me.

ill let you know if I find those dimensions, otherwise, if you are able to send photos, it would be very appreciated!

Many thanks!

Kira

The lil z lady

• 4 weeks later...

Updating this post... Parts on this list found! Many thanks to all those who helped me in my project to get this "labor of love" up and going! 

More info soon!

K

The lil z lady :)