IGNORED

RT Mount with or without integrated mount?

Jeff G 78

Hey gang, I just found a broken front diff mount today on my race car, so rather than destroy another stock mount I thought I would install the RT mount by Techno Versions.  I did a search, but couldn't find a definitive answer on whether or not to include the Energy Suspension mount or not.  

I saw a thread a while back about added vibrations due to a different driveshaft angle, but there was no follow-up stating if the mount was the issue.  I have to get the car back together soon as I have a race coming up in a few weeks.  Can the poly top-down mount be modified, or should I just order an OEM mount and the RT mount with the snubber?

http://www.technoversions.com/DiffMountHome.html

I added the RT mount with top down urethane snubber and installed it with the stock front diff mount.   Diff is sandwiched top and bottom.

Seems to work fine, I push it sometimes, but I'm not tracking my car, so probably a lot less stress on the system.

I ended up ordering an OE mount and the regular RT mount.  I got some feedback from another Z owner that the top-down mount that replaces the OE mount didn't fit right.

I'd still love to hear any feedback on the top-down mount.  I still have to install an RT on my street Z.

Timing was bad though.  TechnoVersions isn't shipping anything between 8/3 and 8/14.  Of course right when I need it to ship.   -_-

I'm running mine top down with the red urathane bushing. I'll try to snap a photo for you if i get the car on jackstands tomorrow.

I recall it being a snug fit to get in, and the nut for the urathane bushing is very ticky to tighten, as it's pressed up against the ebrake cable mechaisms. I have significant driveline vibration anyway, so I didn't notice any increase with the ~2 degrees reported driveshaft change. So far so good.

I got the new OE mount and RT mount installed today.  Beautiful mount, but it sure wasn't easy to install.  I think it would have been easier to pull the diff, but I managed to get it in by just removing the crossmember, lowering the swaybar, dropping the exhaust hanger, and flexing the RT mount just a bit.  The RT mount makes tightening the OE mount bolts very difficult.  Again, had I removed the diff, I could have installed the OE mount to the diff first, then put the RT mount in place.  The diff would then go back in.

I cut three sections off the snubber.  I started with two, but it was preloaded with the mounts in place.  I pulled it back apart and cut the third section.  That left a gap of about 3/16".  I'm very happy with the results.