• Announcements

• Mike

Post on our Calendar   08/01/2013

If you have an announcement for an an event, feel free to post details here. However, we also recommend posting the even on our calendar so that it will gain front-page exposure.  Open this message and click here to open the Calendar.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfadog

Welcome to the sunny Gold Coast!

12 posts in this topic

In the last 24 hours we have had our next 3 months worth of rain, 590mm but it is slowing down now. Serious flooding in areas, lots of cars washed away and 2 people currently missing. Here are some pics! (not taken by me)

Uni Before:

Uni0.JPG

Uni After:

Uni2.JPG

Uni1.JPG

Other pics:

Uni3.JPG

Uni4.JPG

Uni5.JPG

Mother nature is being crazy. I really hope that the people are found and that no one is hurt.

How is it right near your home?

Take care lachlan,

Ben

I'll second that Ben. It is just another catastrophic weather event to support what scientists are saying - global warming has already started and has started much sooner than expected. At this rate it is only a matter of time before we start seeing very serious and irreversible weather pattern changes. Anyway, I live on a hill so the house is fine (though we had some drainage problems in the morning with leaves covering drains), and my car had carb problems a couple of days ago so I have had her in mum's garage for the last few days, she's dry :D

Wow! That's more rain than we get in most years up here.

Hope it isn't raining when I'm down that way in august. :)

Yeah, it's been pretty solid, that's for sure. I've taken a heap of piccies of it around my place. There were 5 trees down on the road in a 50m stretch. One had slid down a hill, and then down the road a little and was right in the centre, still standing upright. Looked pretty funny. Lots of water. The Zed stayed in the garage (with the carpets out so it will dry out) and we chose the range rover to cruise about in. I even siliconed up the windscreen of the Zed last night in an effort to keep it dry inside. The rubber is cracking in the corners. Hopefully that's the last leak. :stupid: Too much rain.

post-4743-14150795509735_thumb.jpg

..and my car was parked in it...

Dunno about global warming, ever seen some of those old newsreels where floods were just as bad as that? Kempsey and Lismore in NSW IIRC, using boats in what were streets.

Ah, Lachlan,

Didn't see this post until AFTER I sent you a PM asking if you were O.K.

T.V. news tonight said that that missing couple still hadn't been found but that a wheel and canopy frame off a 4wd had been found.

Rick.

..and my car was parked in it...

Is it OK Gareth??

It was a little wet inside, but it'll be OK...

Report on the nights news that they found the bodies of the missing couple.

Tragic loss of two young lives.

Rick.