IGNORED

Welcome to the sunny Gold Coast!

Alfadog

In the last 24 hours we have had our next 3 months worth of rain, 590mm but it is slowing down now. Serious flooding in areas, lots of cars washed away and 2 people currently missing. Here are some pics! (not taken by me)

Uni Before:

Uni0.JPG

Uni After:

Uni2.JPG

Uni1.JPG

Other pics:

Uni3.JPG

Uni4.JPG

Uni5.JPG

I'll second that Ben. It is just another catastrophic weather event to support what scientists are saying - global warming has already started and has started much sooner than expected. At this rate it is only a matter of time before we start seeing very serious and irreversible weather pattern changes. Anyway, I live on a hill so the house is fine (though we had some drainage problems in the morning with leaves covering drains), and my car had carb problems a couple of days ago so I have had her in mum's garage for the last few days, she's dry :D

Yeah, it's been pretty solid, that's for sure. I've taken a heap of piccies of it around my place. There were 5 trees down on the road in a 50m stretch. One had slid down a hill, and then down the road a little and was right in the centre, still standing upright. Looked pretty funny. Lots of water. The Zed stayed in the garage (with the carpets out so it will dry out) and we chose the range rover to cruise about in. I even siliconed up the windscreen of the Zed last night in an effort to keep it dry inside. The rubber is cracking in the corners. Hopefully that's the last leak. :stupid: Too much rain.

post-4743-14150795509735_thumb.jpg

Ah, Lachlan,

Didn't see this post until AFTER I sent you a PM asking if you were O.K.

T.V. news tonight said that that missing couple still hadn't been found but that a wheel and canopy frame off a 4wd had been found.

Rick.