IGNORED

Hi, There. Parts Help.

240#890

I just bought another z car. it is a 1970 240z vin 00890. very early production. i have had quite a few z cars my last one was a 2003 350z. I work at a very large salvage yard and i ran across this gem about a week ago. the car has solid floors and rear hatch area. It has some rust over the rear quarters thats about it. The man i bought the car from said has set in a garage since 1979. i need some help finding some parts.???.ROFL

If you can, get the Date Of Manufacture from the drivers door jam, and the original engine serial number from the data tag under the hood. Looks like it should be 01/70 and the engine should be in the L24-032xx to L24-039xx range.

thanks,

Carl B.

i dont know if i want to restore the car or modify it...?.. what do you all think? the very low vin makes me want to restore it but the early 240's look great motified. the car has solid floor pans, the only rust is over the rear wheel wells. i think the engine is locked up from sitting in a garage since 1979..ROFL

Absolutely your call on what you do with it, but since you seem to be seeking opinions, here's mine. Personally, I'd keep it as stock as I could, but that's me, not you, and you own the car. If I really had the bug to modify it, I'd consider possibly selling the low vin for the premium that they seem to command and picking up a later one and having my way with it to my heart's delight. That could help finance your project.... Just a thought & just an opinion to toss in the ring. FWIW.

Here's my take on it. Like some have said, an early S30 is a rare find. If you do decide to modify it, make most of what you do reversible with bolt-on upgrades, (as opposed things that require cutting and welding). Save the original parts as they will be valuable later on for the person after you who wants to restore it to stock.

Congrats on the great find!

I am going to restore it, but i plan on puting a nice set of wheels on it. i pulled the seats and all the carpet out tonight and found only one rust hole about the size of a quarter. i was very happy to find the factory, oem original key under the drivers seat! i also found a credit card receipt from 1982 with the owners name and phone number. I know i need a center console, any ideas?