Everything posted by lenponz
- Tachometer Upgrades
-
Rear Sway Bar Question
thanks all for the feedback. Now i gotta get my piece parts cleaned up and coated so i can mount that R200 in my 71.
-
Rear Sway Bar Question
i am begining the process of replace my R180 w/a R200. I was able to get all the piece parts to start the process however my rear sway bar is aftermarket and it bolts to the plates that come down to secure the rear part of te A-Arm. Its a ST bar i bought a while back. With the R200 being a whole bigger it seems that the 280 parts wont allow the bar to bolted to its current location. i'd hate to have to buy a rear bar that bolts to the chassis directly since this one is clean. Has anybody ever had this issue when doing a R200 swap?
-
Headers
Here is my 2 cents. If you just want a header buy a MSA, they are good quality product for the price. If you want to get serious and performance try rebello or arizona Z, which is step up but you have to be very specific about how your engine is built to match the header with your engines capability and desired effect. If you want all out race type performance go see Stahl its the best product money can buy.
-
What is this spring?
its the retention spring that goes on the linkage conection to the intake manifold..
-
Racetep
Has anybody used Racetep (Top end Performance)?????? They seem to have a lot of nice items but i read some bad things. Should i be looking to them for help on my rebuild project or am I wasting my time?? LPz
-
Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.
Cork screw lugana seca a classic. I like it!!!!!!!
-
S30 Steering wheel discussion
I replaced mine w/ a momo and love it. Thou the stock wheel is easier to use the momo does give a better response but is heavier to use. I have to admit the stock wheel is better looking and requires less force. To each thier own.
- L28 oil pan reinforcement parts
-
To the tranny guru's: L24 tranny woes
i made an offset gear shift after replacing the original 4 speed with one from a 73. I used the straight shift lever from my 70 cut the 73 shift lever at the nuckle, welded a thich strip from the knuckel and then welded the straight shifter after cutting off the threaded section works great. no need to cut.
-
Tranny Oil
I have a 5-Speed close ratio (i beleive) in my 240z. Q: what is the correct oil to use for it? the new stuff sold by Nissan is for the more modern trannys (very lite) but can i use it for this older trans? Any suggestions
-
WHO makes the best header
JMark it seems u've been down this road before. Did u end using a Stahl??
-
WHO makes the best header
Thanks for all the great comments. Rebello or Stahl. My 71 has it orignal 2.4L and E31 head. Everything has been gone thru. Head and carbs done by DL potter and Block by myself. SInce i have invested that kind of time effort and money i dont want cheap parts now. again thanks all
-
WHO makes the best header
I want to upgrade my whole exhaust system. Who makes headers that fit znd work well. there is pacesetter, MSA, and others while reading threads it seems a lot of opinions. I've tried the MSA prduct and was not pleased. Stahls are about 1000 but seems a bit high for a street car. My engine has been gone thru and the head is a beauty from DL Potter. Any suggestions?