Everything posted by Ptero
-
Kontrolle Shock Tubes
I'm in the process of replacing my shocks and they are also Kontrolle. It says on them that they are made my Tokico.
-
What type of oil/fluid do you put in the strut cartridge?
What type of oil do you put in the strut cartridge before you install the shock? I've read transmission fluid works. Or is this something that is not too precise?
-
need lowering springs ideas
MSA has their the Eibach lowering springs for sale until the end of today I believe. $179 if I remember correctly. I don't have personal experience with them yet but from what I've read they are a nice set for the street.
-
How Close Are Our VIN #'s
01/73 hls30143820
-
[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?
I picked up boxes of spare parts from the previous owner and tried to organize them.
-
How do you remove the window crank from the door?
Got it! Thanks for the tips.
-
How do you remove the window crank from the door?
Is there some sort of clip that needs to be removed before the window crank can be taken off? How does it come off?
-
Which is the correct part # for the oil filter?
Car: '73 240Z Owned the car for only 1 week so far. I stopped by Nissan today to pick up an oil filter and they were a bit unsure of which oil filter was the correct one. They ended up giving me the part #15208-W1103 which after some research, appears to be for a truck. I've found the part #15208-65011 mentioned a few times on here as well as part #15208-43G00. Are there different part #'s for the different years of the 240Z or just one that fits all?
-
[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?
I drove it. That is the most important thing I can do with it.
-
MSA Z Bash 2011
Great collections of cars!
-
New guy looking for a 240z
I've loved the 240z from the day I first saw it. Having owned impractical cars in the past, I figured this is right up my alley. I'm here to learn as much as I can about these cars so that I can be somewhat prepared when I make a purchase. I'm currently looking at the car below as a possible purchase. '73 240z 90,000 Miles Was restored about 10 years ago. Original color was Orange. Also would come with a 2.8l spare engine /w 5 spd transmission. (Came out of an IMSA car. Unknown mileage, turned over the last time it was in a car but overall condition is unknown besides good compression) The interior looks to be fairly.... tired. It needs some TLC for sure. The dash is in great shape with one small rip/tear in it. Tachometer does not work (goes up upon starting the car but then goes back to 0). Other gauges appeared to be in working order besides a wobbly speedo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpBRxXvAed8&feature=player_embedded