IGNORED

Which is the correct part # for the oil filter?

Ptero

Car: '73 240Z

Owned the car for only 1 week so far.

I stopped by Nissan today to pick up an oil filter and they were a bit unsure of which oil filter was the correct one. They ended up giving me the part #15208-W1103 which after some research, appears to be for a truck. I've found the part #15208-65011 mentioned a few times on here as well as part #15208-43G00.

Are there different part #'s for the different years of the 240Z or just one that fits all?

I prefer the blue factory look, and it doesn't really cost any more. My dealer keeps them on the shelf, they're about $6.50 each after club discount.

Some of those listed here are rather ugly IMO, especially the Fram. That one is way too ugly to be on my car.

Edited by Arne

I looks to me like the original question was asking about the correct Nissan part number, Which Arne answered.

I don't use the Nissan part, mostly because the nearest Nissan dealer that offers a club discount is 40 miles from my house, which seems like an unreasonable distance to go just to buy an oil filter. I live within walking distance of an Advance Auto, and the top of the line Purolator filters are less than $4. But to each his own.

I'd be afraid that the red filter might clash with the blue engine block.

Bap Geon (possibly others) sells Union Sangyo (C-241) or Nippon, which is blue AND has kanji on one side of the canister :D

Edited by Willoughby Z
add PN