Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
Shock Tower Brace
Are you sure that's adhesive and not lubricant? They use the rubber seal to attach it.
-
Buffing The Intake Manifold
that is why I would just like to do the plenum for now. It's mostly flat so it should go easily. I used Scotchbrite pads to clean the intake manifold when it was off, but my polishing guy (the neighbor's kids) didn't get time to buff it, and it works just as well in the present condition as if it was polished. I think using the flexible extension should give enough dexterity to the tool to avoid the "bumping."
-
Buffing The Intake Manifold
Has anyone tried buffing or polishing the intake manifold (Mine is the L28E) while it it on the engine? I have been rubbing it with some different grades of sandpaper and steel wool so far, to get to the good metal under the oxidation and a bit of shine. It looks like Spring may be coming early, or I might get the torpedo heater back soon, so I could try polishing soon. I would like to just do the plenum part of it first, and then later, take off the fuel injection s stuff and get the runners too. I figure I would need a kind of a high-powered moto tool with a long flexible extension and a small buffing wheel, right? Then just a lot of black polish and time & effort.
-
Shock Tower Brace
That sounds like one crazy light-show, with the lasers. Can you work in a Disco ball too? On the serious side, something like the laser idea has been done before when I was in college. We used a laser like Mark suggested, but with an optical sensor, like a 30mm strip of a CCD. We used a computer (an Apple II) to record the data that could later be converted to millimeters, and finally charted. It was only in 1 dimension then, but you can probably get a 2-dimensional sensor now. Still, I think strain gauges would be even better to measure the flex in many dimensions. Not only in the one spot, too, but checking the affect of a front brace on the rear of the car.
- R.i.p. Leonard Nimoy
- Outer Hatch Weatherstripping Issue
-
Cool New Metal Treatment
Did they try bouncing 'dirty water?' Water with coolant, oil, dirt, beer, etc. in it. You'll be happy to know that your car is probably protected from flying pee. I'm still looking for the infamous "Metal Wax" that you rub on your chromed stuff to protect it from getting dull. Nobody at any AP store I've been to has ever heard of any such thing. they just show you a can of Turtle wax, or whatever is the hot wax product.
-
Hagerty Finally Recognizes Japanese Sports Car Via Mr K!
It's a nice thought tho. Maybe people will just stop saying "Cool car!" and start offering checks heavy with ink.
-
R.i.p. Leonard Nimoy
MeTV has scheduled an evening of entertainment starring Leonard Nimoy on Sunday Mar 1.
-
R.i.p. Leonard Nimoy
It's a A sad day in TV, theater, poetry, photography, and showbusiness. On Feb 27, 2015, Leonard Nimoy died. He had heart trouble (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.) He lived long and prospered.....
-
Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!
Did you guys try ebay? It seems to be slightly more expensive, but there's a number of U.S. sellers. The advantage of a shorter delivery time may be worth the extra cost. Liftgate weatherstrip: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIA-871911F000-GENUINE-OEM-WEATHERSTRIP-/271714005930?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AKia|Model%3ASportage&hash=item3f436ab3aa&vxp=mtr
-
Shock Tower Brace
I hear those noises too, but to me they sound like the strut insulator, which was the only part not replaced, because they weren't available.
-
Shock Tower Brace
I'm kinda surprised that no one has thought of putting a stress gauge on the strut bar to see what the forces are. You could even put several on to measure the forces in the different directions and in different places (such as rear struts vs. floor.) You'll need to take along a portable computer, but there are some for iPad and Android tablets (but more expensive.) I think it would be very interesting indeed, to quantify the forces with and without the bracing, in stead of relying on someone's opinion.
-
Mis-Informed Youtube Video
I assume the person in the video knew what he was saying when he used the word "designer." He should have explained what he meant by it, then he could freely use it afterwards. Architect, visionary, mastermind, or just the Father of the Z.
-
Mis-Informed Youtube Video
The TV show hosts have the 'facts' that kids will hear and accept as facts. Then there are websites like zcars.com, that also have the indisputable 'facts,' and even some other websites (carznutz.com?) Finally, there is the collaboration of people on the street with information that can be verified by other people on the street.... Doesn't anyone bother reading books, with bibliographies and stuff like that, so you can cross-reference the facts?
-
Yutaka Katayama, 'father Of The Z' Nissan Sports Car, Dies At 105
I can appreciate your point, Blue. Mr K was a no-frills type of guy, with the way he would go it alone, against the way of Nissan's upper management to get personally involved, and he had a strong voice, just not as deep as Mifini-san's. In the movie there are other things parallel to real life, like Mr. Manetta, who was in charge of the Ferrari team, and signified Enzo Ferrari, and the other race drivers, Jean-Pierre Sarti, Scott Stoddard, Nino Barlini, and even Hugo Simon, all had their real-life counterparts
-
Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!
My stuff is finally on its way. It has left the "EASTSEOUL MAIL CENTER" 2-26-2015, not that I need it. The car has no windows! It does, however, now hVE A $200 GAS CAP
-
Yutaka Katayama, 'father Of The Z' Nissan Sports Car, Dies At 105
The filename of the photo is: Bob_MrK_Gardner.jpg In Mr K's book, he states that he came up with the idea for the American sportscar in 1959.
-
Yutaka Katayama, 'father Of The Z' Nissan Sports Car, Dies At 105
I have that DVD, but Toshiro Mifune is a thing in himself.
-
Yutaka Katayama, 'father Of The Z' Nissan Sports Car, Dies At 105
Yeah, but the Z has 60 years of history. Who's James Gardner? That one photo has "Gardner" in it.
-
Z 432 At Rm Auction Amelia Island
What's a Z432? Is that like a 240Z? H aha
-
The Seven Words You Can't Say On Classiczcars.com
My cousin's favorite work that starts with F, and ends with UCK: firetruck.
-
interior bulb replacements
I received my bulb from Amazon, but I won't get to try them in the car for a couple months or so. I will try them in with a test battery tho, just to see the color, and brightness.
-
Air Source For 280Z Footwell Vents
I explored my car thoroughly, and I'm fairly sure I found where the air gets into the upper frame rail. The 240Z has the plastic elbow to the radiator support, and the 280Z gets the air in the same place, but instead of the plastic elbow, the radiator support has a gap between the front & back panel, and the air flows through there to the upper frame rail.
-
Yutaka Katayama, 'father Of The Z' Nissan Sports Car, Dies At 105
Kats- Is there any special program about Mr K in your area?