Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
Sold on LEDs
Has anyone seen these new Profocos LEDs? The seem to have a few large LED panels, in addition to a few of the smaller SMD chips, and it's rated a 6Watts! it looks and sounds as if you could light up a whole two-lane road with a couple of these. I'm not sure how it would look in a Zed taillamp panel, but it ought to light up the front indicators well. Maybe a white bulb could even be use in a fog lamp.
-
Led Backup Lamp Bulbs
I think those "tower" style lamps give a fuller light inside the lamp,just like an descendent bulb. The ones with the 24 mini bulb-type LEDs in a group seem to make a hotspot in that area of the lens, regardless of the color of the light coming from the bulb.
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
You forgot the +25% MPG
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
I thought you were going to refer to that 'SuperChips' website, that supposedly has "performance chips" for every car, all the way back to the Model-T? BTW- my favourite is Zapps chips.
- Buffing The Intake Manifold
-
Led Backup Lamp Bulbs
You would use white LEDs? I think that would throw off the color of the lens as well as make it look funny, meaning the amber turn signal would look white, an the brake lamp would have a whitish hotspot. You would use the same color LEDs as the lens so the light would be more intense, and less of a hotspot.
-
Led Backup Lamp Bulbs
Has anyone tried substituting LED bulbs in the reversing lamps? I'd like the most amount of light I can reasonably get, without melting the wires or adding new stuff like relays. I see noticed the "tower" bulbs with lots (as in 60+) of LED chips, and I am curious about how much light they produce. My lenses are in pretty fair condition, and the wires are not that corroded beneath the insulation, in the back of my car. Only the exposed front wiring is corroded inside. thxZ
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
OK, so how do you "chip" the ECU? The kiddies seem to think you can do that, and I must be dumb if I don't know how to "chip the electronic fuel injection computer for more HPs"
-
Fitting a HEI Module in Transistor Ignition Unit 1977 280Z
Yes, I've been reading this too. Who is offering service to install the HEI module into the ignition box, and how fast can it be done? I looked at some alternatves to the Pertronix flamethrower module, and came up with this One GM module had six pins, and one had 8 pins. What's the difference?
-
Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!
I tried my luck, and it paid off- sort of. I went to the pull-it JY and I located the 2001 Sportage. the LR door weatherstrip was not hard at all to remove; I only had to unscrew the plastic sill protector and the weatherstrip pulled right off- no screw driver needed. I checked the liftgate weatherstrip and it looks close, but I'll bet it just a little short. I will go back when the yard fully drains. I looked the vehicle over for anything usable, and I think the front seats look interesting. They are low-back seats with headrests and lots of side-bolstering. I wasn't able to measure the mounting rails, but I think it might be close.
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
The Hellfire was designed by a Zed owner for the Zed owners.
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
The good thing is that Suprlen says the Hellfire ECU can be swapped-into the Zed's ECU frame, and still use the OE connector.
-
Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!
We do that here with the help of the local Bally's. You go there in the winter (after sledding or skiing) then get into the sauna room where they have some live palm trees (little ones.) Sorry, I had a little SAD (snow-attributed dialog.)
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
Gee, I thought dry ice wold come into the discussion somewhere.
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
I'll bet that if you can identify what the extra pins are for, it will tell you what kind of ECU board it is.
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
Did the California ECUs have more pins?
-
Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!
Is there anything else on it that's of use to a Zed? I like those mirrors wit the reading lamps, or the compass/speedometers (Cadillacs have those.) I think my cigarette lighter is a little loose or worn out. I will look it over when I see it. Hey- I'll send you some snow. You can have it!
-
Kia Sportage weatherstip rocks!
Yo- There is a 2001 just delivered to my local JY. I assume it's got the right stuff since it between 94-2003 range Should I go to strip it of weather stripping? There is a heatwave here (40+ degreesF.) Actually, Ill wait until Monday, since there is still a foot of frozen snow in the back yard.
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
You forgot to factor in the primitive 1970s overseas materials and manufacturing methods and 40 years of degradation? OTOH, what if they build the L-Jectronic ECUs today? It would be 1/2 the size, very much customizable, and they'd probably call it "Hellfire!"
-
Making Fusible Links
Last summer when I went to the Nissan dealer to get some fusible links, the guy said they are NLA. He says that for just about everything related to the S30, because they just want you to buy the new one.
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
I read a write somewhere that was about L-Jetronic on a car that also has the Lambda sensor, so there definitely is more than one version of the L-Jetronic ECU.
-
replacement vinyl
Very clean! Haha Couldn't you just have any ordinary interior or custom shop make you those pieces and install them? I kinda like the vinyl trans cover, but also the carpeted floors and rear deck.
- Gm Hei Module Upgrade
-
Fi Ecu Mods And Differences?
Higuys, There is a discussion on HybridZ by Braap regarding the L6 EFI system, including the ECU. Basically, there are a few things on the ECU that you could change, but you won't really see any difference. It seems like the Hellfire replacement by Superlen is the best thing you can do, tuning-wise, but the engine is the real hurdle to overcome. It's a very nice engine, but they didn't really design it to be really powerful, as we understand it now.
- Buffing The Intake Manifold