Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
May I presume the 240Z wiper arms will fit the 280Z?
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
I tested mine, and the magnet was attracted, end-to-end. That means I should go buy a set of 280Z wiper arms? BTW- Bansai Motorworks replied to an email, saying they can't help.
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
Those were the wiper blades, I'm interested the wiper arms.
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
Can you get stainless steel wiper arms for a 280Z, or are the only available in painted steel?
-
'75 280Z Headlight Relay Upgrade
If you wanted to add fog lamps or driving lamps, which should only come on with the headlights, you need two switched +12V lies from the headlamp switch to power some relays. where would a good place to get the switch +12V? You would put in one or two extra wires that would operate the relays for the extra lamps.
-
12V Auto Vacuums
I don't think that would fit in a suitcase or duffel bag, or i the back of the Zed when you are 90 miles from home.
-
12V Auto Vacuums
Actually, the 23V car vacuums have a good amount of suction for basic vacuuming. Mine is even able to inflate my little inflatable boat. IMO, The only things that get to be problem is the wire that gets caught on things or gets tangled, the attachments that you can lose, and the hose that either won't stretch out because it wants to stay coiled, or it's just bulky from the size & length.
-
'75 280Z Headlight Relay Upgrade
If you just wanted to install a couple pigtails for the relay control now, but will be adding the relays in later, where would be a good place to put those in?
-
A Different Headlight Relay Upgrade - 4 Relays
I had to check the color twice, and even clean the dirt off both to make sure I got it right. According to my 1978 wiring diagram one set should have a RY wire, but both were the same, as I had posted.
-
A Different Headlight Relay Upgrade - 4 Relays
These are the colors of the wires from my headlamps. The first one is the heavy wire. Wire #1: rw rb red Wire #2: rw rb red
-
A Different Headlight Relay Upgrade - 4 Relays
Bruce- I'll PM to you a copy of my wiring diagram file. To me, it makes sense to decrease the size of the wire as the distance from the battery increases. The first wires from the battery carries the most current (starter motor, etc.) then you go to the alternator,which slowly recharges the battery, then to the accessories, (heater motor,) lamps, and then fuel injectors, small bulbs, etc. (smallest size wires.) the frear window defroster seems to be an exception.
-
A Different Headlight Relay Upgrade - 4 Relays
I would have to dig out those wires. I do know that my wiring diagram has been correct on everything so far.
-
A Different Headlight Relay Upgrade - 4 Relays
Don't forget, if you have a 280Z, the headlamp wires are different for each lamp. For example, the right lamp has red for the common +12, but on the left, it's the RY. From the FSM:
-
A Different Headlight Relay Upgrade - 4 Relays
This stuff makes me wish my fingers (12 numb thumbs ) had that ol' magic from my younger days, when I could solder 34ga wires with silver in a tornado....
-
A Different Headlight Relay Upgrade - 4 Relays
That would mean the headlamp switch would have two sets of contacts in it; one set for the headlamp main power, and one set for the high-beam ground.
-
Sold on LEDs
No one has installed an electronic flasher for the hazard lamps?
-
Just Did The Kia Hatch Seal
We replaced the door seals, and we found that you didn't really need the seals at the front edge of the quarter windows, but I haven't been able to make a long drive on the highway or in the rain to see if any water or air is getting past the door seal. So far, I didn't hear much air noise through that area on city streets.
-
What is a "Battery Stay?"
I never really understood that dumb commercial. "Go ahead- I dare you..."
-
What is a "Battery Stay?"
Not funny. I saw 6 auctions on eBay for the battery stay, for 240Z, 260Z, and 280Z.
-
What is a "Battery Stay?"
I was looking around on eBay to see if there was a nicer battery hold-down bar, and found this item, called a Battery Stay Fire Wall Plate It's for the 28Z and says it's OEM stuff, but I've never seen it in any parts diagram or service book. Does anyone really know what is is? ThxZ
-
Rear Window "Spots"
wasn't wearing anything with polarizing lenses.
-
Rear Window "Spots"
I've seen these "spots" on windows every day, but I've never been able to explain how they got there, or is it an optical illusion? Even the camera has hard time recording the image.
-
Fender Decals/Badges
Even the sales from Pink Floyd albums was enough to buy a Ferrari back then, at about $18000. My current car with a 4 cyl. engine and stamped-steel body cost that much new!
-
Fender Decals/Badges
Velly Interestink. I pretty much presumed that those stickers were just club logos or race team logos. I never thought of all the other things the stickers could be used for, aside from the arrow pointing to the tow hook. I kinda assumed that class information and car number would be on the roundel, and stuff like the fire extinguisher and electric cutoff switch would be standard things, like to see on modern race cars. I need to look into some of the GCRs for that stuff.
-
Fender Decals/Badges
they didn't look anything like a coat of arms to me. It looked more like a decal from a car club, but I couldn't make out what's on them. Here are some examples: