Everything posted by TomoHawk
-
Hub Extenders
It's a place to start...
-
Hub Extenders
Do you happen to know the offset of the ZX 6-spoke rims?
-
Hub Extenders
Thanks. Unfortunately, even Internet 'experts' are confusing. One said the offset is in reference to "the street side" of the wheel. Isn't the Street Side down?
-
Hub Extenders
Scrub could probably mean both things, depending on the context. So, which kind of offset is the positive number and negative number? It gets confusing.
- Hub Extenders
-
Hub Extenders
These were discussed on the Ztrix website, as a way of putting bigger/wider wheels on your Z without buying custom wheels. I have never heard much good about spacers, but these hub extenders seem different, so I wanted to ask. FYI, I don't plan on any serious racing, but may do an occasional lap on a course if I get a chance- just not that quickly For more details: http://www.ztrix.com/frequently-asked-questions/wheels-and-tires.html
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
So there's no point to looking for the 'stainless steel' 240Z wiper arms, because any seller will tell you it is so it will sell. Why didn't the other models of the same years as the 240Z have the stainless steel wiper arms?
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
Maybe the '78 nuts are Titanium. I think that's magnetic, and it doesn't rust like ferrous metals.
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
I"m not so sure the nut is stainless steel; the magnet sticks to that too (on my 280Z.) It must be just a 240Z thing. I read in another thread here that the MX-5 Miata has compatible wiper arms?
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
Are stainless steel wiper arm nuts also available, or are those all painted steel
-
How to wire 2 electronic flashers for blinkers and hazard lights
It's obviously a case where the PO didn't think there was a closed path between the battery and the interior or the car. I recently added a nice braided ground strap to my engine.
-
How to wire 2 electronic flashers for blinkers and hazard lights
Which module was used for the hazard flasher, and would it work for the 1978?
-
Clear Plasti-Dip on headlamp Covers?
If you wanted to protect your headlamp covers between car shows, you could cover them with something like HeadlightAmor plastic sheets, which are expensive, or use Plasti-Dip spray-on clear. Then you just remove the protective cover for show. Does anyone tried this or have experience with it?
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
I think 0000 steel wool would do enough polishing.
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
Would you really expect someone to polish stainless steel wiper arms so they have a mirror-like surface, or did they have a somewhat flat or satin texture, say, way back in the 1960s? Stainless trim like the drip rails window frames were usually very polished, but I don't remember what the wiper arms were like.
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
I can get adapters for all the common kinds of wiper arms, such as the hook, latch, and pin. They have them at the local AP store.
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
I tried the refills when I last bought a new car. You couldn't get the old rubbers out without tearing, and the new ones were about impossible to insert. I just get the loaded blades now.
-
GM HEI Module Install
Isn't there a write-up for the HEI module installation on a stock 280Z? I don't know of anyone that has the ZX ignition module on a '78.
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
I think all is well, basically, My 280Z arms need a wiper blade that has the pin connection, and you can get those easily enough in the U.S., as you say, they usually come with a bunch of adapters, or you can just buy the one you need. So all I would need is a set of the stainless steel 240Z arms.
-
Fitting a HEI Module in Transistor Ignition Unit 1977 280Z
I would suggest the use of the right-angle, or "flag" terminals, to reduce the size of things
-
Rear Window "Spots"
I've seen people say it's from the aftermarket window tinting to the defroster on-off cycles creating abnormalities to your polarized sunglasses. It all goes against the stuff I learned in physics class. Some people insisted it was only for older cars, but I have seen the phenomena on brand-new cars too. The most reasonable explanation I found was: These spots are caused during the tempering process. They are intentional stresses which are created in the glass to make it stronger and to control the way it breaks in an accident. The result of this is that it breaks into thousands of small pieces instead of as few large knife-like pieces..
-
Just Did The Kia Hatch Seal
Do you think there is some kind of rubber weatherstrip that could also work in place of the seal for the quarter window? The one I have seems to need a little shaving because it hits the window frame a little too much, or is that how it's supposed to be?
-
Stainless Wiper Arms
There isn't a simpler way, like a wiper arm from another Datsun that is stainless steel, and will fit a 280Z? I had to ask.
-
Factory 280Z Headlamp Wiring diagram
The guy must've just went straight to the picture of the switch at the bottom.
-
Factory 280Z Headlamp Wiring diagram
Does anyone have a nice wiring diagram for the '78 280Z headlamp circuit, showing the switched grounds? I had a "professional" install new headlamp connectors, and the dummy got the wires backward, like a new car has, with a common GROUND, Instead of the common hot wire and switched grounds. I'd like to show a good wiring diagram, showing the switched grounds... The diagram in the FSM is nicely drawn, but doesn't show the switched grounds, so you easily mistake that the headlamp switch is switching the +12V feeds.the complete wiring diagram I have is apparently too complicated. thxZ