IGNORED

Stainless Wiper Arms

TomoHawk

yes, the 78 arms are sst under the paint. i stripped & polished mine. also got a set of the 240 blades to match.

the only tricky part is getting the paint off right where the arms are riveted to the cast connector (which mounts to the shaft). the connectors will corrode once stripped, and i couldn't get all the paint out of the pivot area without pulling the rivets (which i chose not to mess with).

it looks nice in polished sst, but beware you will get some nasty glare from time to time when the sun hits 'em...

with a little modification you can mount a 240 blade to a 280 arm - the 280 arm has a receiver clip riveted on to the end which allows the newer style blades to snap in. you need to drill out the rivet in the 280 arm at the blade receiver clip and the bent loop on the arm will mate up w/the 240 blade. the little clip on the 240 blade will snap right into the hole in the 240 arm tip that was previously filled with the rivet you drilled out. 

sounds complicated but it's actually pretty simple.