IGNORED

Fender Decals/Badges

TomoHawk

You know those decals that look like shields on the fender of vintage sports cars?  I mean the stuff like the Scuderia Ferrari shield on the Ferrari race cars.  Is there a formal name for those decals? I  noticed that there are other kinds besides the Scuderia Ferrari, but  I couldn't see what was on them.  Some were round or rectangular or squareish. 

thxZ

1 british racing drivers club badge

2 number with color my guess is lots of red race cars out there when to far away to see number you can see color.

3 The E sticker is required on rally and race cars to mark the location of the automatic Fire Extinguisher switch for the engine bay

4 Electric Cut Off Sticker

Velly Interestink.

I pretty much presumed that those stickers were just club logos or race team logos.  I never thought of all the other things the stickers could be used for, aside from the arrow pointing to the tow hook.   I kinda assumed that class information and car number would be on the roundel, and stuff like the fire extinguisher and electric cutoff switch would be standard things, like to see on modern race cars.

I need to look into some of the GCRs for that stuff.

Edited by TomoHawk

The '22' in an oval is a participant sticker from the Goodwood Festival of Speed event.

If it was a clearer photo, it would show the logo and the year of the event. However, as it is no.22 I can tell that it is Nick Mason's Ferrari 250 GTO, which wears the no.22 as its race number. Goodwood always like to give cars a number that ties in somewhere:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Nick+Mason%27s+250GTO+at+Goodwood+Festival+of+Speed&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lPyGVY-PAoefsAHvkb_QAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1247&bih=602

The '22' in an oval is a participant sticker from the Goodwood Festival of Speed event.

If it was a clearer photo, it would show the logo and the year of the event. However, as it is no.22 I can tell that it is Nick Mason's Ferrari 250 GTO, which wears the no.22 as its race number. Goodwood always like to give cars a number that ties in somewhere:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Nick+Mason's+250GTO+at+Goodwood+Festival+of+Speed&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lPyGVY-PAoefsAHvkb_QAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1247&bih=602

See you on the dark side of the moon.

Edited by black gold man