IGNORED

I've seen this Z in our galleries and now it is on ebay

thefastestz

Originally posted by thefastestz

According to his signature he ran a 13.549 @ 101.90 in his 280zx

turbo.

.....and they still call him Zmecruise, that speed is a bit more than cruis'in speeds.......oh well i confess i kinda chuckled too.

Thanks Ernie! I shoulda looked at James signature. :stupid:

But it does illustrates my point even better. For less than 1/3 of the $30K investment on the eBay Z, James is waxing his A$$ in the 1/4 mile.

I call James "ZmeCruise", in affection. Just to tease him a bit. I TRY not to do it too often.:cheeky:

The next thing you know your gonna want to kiss and hug me too. ROFLLOLROFL

Yes it is true Im at about just over a 1/3 of the cost that his car is at. Then again I didnt buy all the parts less the wheels and intercooler.

Even so, if you add it up:

HKS metal HG 175

Tokico struts and springs 450

Greedy BOV 225

MSD fuel pump 150

FPR 75

exhaust and pipes 325

MBC 75

Total 1475

What I put into it

Wheels 400

Tires 300

Intercooler 200

Piping 90

Hurst short shifter 5 (heh good find from the boneyard)

Total 995

2470 if I bought everything, what I have in the car is 3495

So yea I think Im doing pretty good for that little bit of cash.

Originally posted by ZmeFly

The next thing you know your gonna want to kiss and hug me too. ROFLLOLROFL

Yes it is true Im at about just over a 1/3 of the cost that his car is at. .....................<major snip>..............what I have in the car is 3495

So yea I think Im doing pretty good for that little bit of cash.

Whoa now partner, I didn't include any (:love: ) smilies or any thing like that; I'm not looking for a "date". LOL

Isnt that car in the motorsport ads? It looks pretty good. I can appreciate the work it took. But yea...14's is not that fast. What is funny is...in the ad he says you could drive it across the county if you wanted. ;) hee hee! I hope he means country!

Originally posted by Bambikiller240

But it does illustrates my point even better. For less than 1/3 of the $30K investment on the eBay Z, James is waxing his A$$ in the 1/4 mile.

You guys sure talk a lot of smack and don't have anything to back it up. :D

Just remember that not everybody is in this game for the fastest quarter mile. He did an excellent job on the engine, chrome, and fancy stuff like that. If it wasn't for the ugly flames, that car would be pretty damn sweet (to me).

A prime example is in the latest Sport Z magazine. There's a feature on a 300ZX with a bunch of tuck-n-roll interior work, custom stereo, gawdy paint job, and slammed to the ground...

While I don't prefer that kind of ride, I must remember that guy spent a lot of time, money, and pride on the job he did. That's the kind of stuff I appreciate more these days. When someone spends a lot of effort on something, I like to recognize that for what it's worth.

Seems like it's a lot easier to tear something down than it is to build it up....

Originally posted by Mike

I must remember that guy spent a lot of time, money, and pride on the job he did. That's the kind of stuff I appreciate more these days. When someone spends a lot of effort on something, I like to recognize that for what it's worth.

Seems like it's a lot easier to tear something down than it is to build it up....

I repeat...............

Originally posted by Bambikiller240

It's easy to take a stack of parts and pile them onto a chassis, but to get it all to "work properly TOGETHER", is quite something else.

If I had all those "goodies" and $$$ in my car and it only did 14.1's, I would NOT be "bragging" those numbers in an auction. I'd be keeping quiet and hoping no one asked!

I acknowledge the time and money he put into the project (it's easily seen from the parts list and the IMHO fugley paint job), BUT he's not getting much out of that time and money.

Putting time and money into something is not worth much if you don't get much ROI (return on investment):

1. He's discounting it to 1/3 of his investment and not getting ANY bids
  2. it has a paint job that only the designer could love IMHO
  3. and it's slower than it should be with all the parts he's thrown into it.
    [/list=1]
    Where is the value? What's the point in putting high performance parts into an engine or chassis if after all the work and $$ it doen't perform like it should. It's an unfortunate situation, but it's reality.
    James car out performs it, for far less $$. Thats the backup.
    Remember, Opinions will vary. You aren't required to agree with me, nor I to agree with you. :o

I second that emotion, I've got a decent looking car, I've put a lot of time into the engine bay.

stage 2 cam

6 into 1 header

2 1/2" pipe going back through a

performance muffler

It's fast, but not 1/4 mile material. It looks good, but not show quality. I ( personally ) would'nt sell it for less than 8 grand.

But thats just me.

What I think its worth and what it's worth are two different creatures.

It's fast, but not 1/4 mile material. It looks good, but not show quality.

It did win 'Best of Show' at the MSA show a couple of years ago. I don't know what 'show quality' really means but the car is striking in appearance. I won 'Best Older Datsun' three out of the last four years at the Classic Datsun (Surfside/Turdside) show and I'd be the frist one to tell you that my 64 L320 is not 'show quality'.