IGNORED

I've seen this Z in our galleries and now it is on ebay

thefastestz

I think mostly the reason he is only at 14.1 in the 1.4 is more then likely due to traction problems. The car has a lot of go fast goodies on it and is meant to fly.

-3.1 Liter Stroker

89mm Flat Top Pistons

240Z Rods

Maxima Diesel Crank

490 Lift Schneider Cam

Ported and Polished N42 Head

Nissan Comp Swirl Values

44 Triple Webber Carbs with big Jets

Crane Hi 6 Ignition w/ PS91 Coil.

Mallory Distributor

K&N Filter System

Griffin Aluminum Radiator

Maxima 150 amp Alternator

Gear Reduction Starter

High Output Oil Pump

Perma-Cool Electric Fan

Chrome Maxima Valve Cover

Chrome Timing Cover

Billet Water Pump Pulley

Billet Overflow Bottle

Billet Block Off Plates

Billet Oil Cap

Chrome Intake Manifold

Aluminum Radiator Hoses

Optima Yellow Top Battery

Jet Hot 6 to 1 Header with Ultra Muffler

5 Speed Trans

Light Centerforce Flywheel

Centerforce 2 Clutch

3.90 Limited Slip Posi-Rear End

Suspension

Coil-Over Suspension with Camber Plates

All New Urethane Bushings

5 way Tokico Illumina Struts

Front and Rear Strut Bars

Oversized Chromed Swaybars

QuickSteer Knuckles

Body

Full MSA Aero Kit

Shaved Door Handles/Markers and Emblems

All New Rubber Seal Kit

Complete Chromed and Detailed Undercarriage

Fiber Glass Bumpers

H4 Diamond Headlights

Custom Tribal Flame Paint Job

Euro Tail Lights and Euro Clear Front Lenses

Hella Fog Lights

18” Wheels

If you ask me he has a lot of go into it, just need to find out whats making it not go. I think it would be traction.

Brakes

280ZX Master Cylinder

Toyota V6 Style 4 Piston Brakes with 300ZX Rotors

Rear 280ZX Disk Brake Conversion

Stainless Steel Lines

I have read about and talked to many people about the 3.1 stroker. The consensus is that it has to be done 'right' (whatever that is) in order for it to work properly. They talk about overheating problems, they mention that you might not get the gain you would expect from the 300 extra cc's, etc. It seems to me that his list of modifications was designed more to impress rather than perform. I have come across many of these 'highly modified' Z's with blinding chrome and stainless steel that my stock 78 will outrun or at least keep up with. I would be leary about the fact that he is willing to drop 18 grand from his original investment.

Does anyone know how much he has invested into the car? My figure was a guess....

.... nevermind, just found the quote from his Ebay ad:

Up for sale is my 1974 260Z. This is the ULITMATE Zcar. Used as a daily driver for the past year, this car has less than 5000 miles on it. As you can see from the photos I have invested over $30,000 into it.

Why isn't this guy an active member of our club?

Originally posted by ZmeFly

I think mostly the reason he is only at 14.1 in the 1.4 is more then likely due to traction problems.

Yea, that or he doesn't know how to drive it right .... ?

A car with that much invested, I'd have a tendency to baby it too.

-- M

I don't know why he isn't an active member. I have seen him and his car around town as we do live in the same city but I've never actually spoken to him. I have also seen the car at some of the SoCal Datsun/Nissan shows. Nice car, but for my tastes, a bit overdone.

Originally posted by sblake01

I would be leary about the fact that he is willing to drop 18 grand from his original investment.

Exactly my thoughts Stephen.

It's easy to take a stack of parts and pile them onto a chassis, but to get it all to work properly TOGETHER, is quite something else.

If I had all those "goodies" and $$$ in my car and it only did 14.1's, I would NOT be "bragging" those numbers in an auction. I'd be keeping quiet and hoping no one asked!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn"t ZmeCruise running 14.1's in a car with substantially less investment than $30K, and significantly closer to stock configuration?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn"t ZmeCruise running 14.1's in a car with substantially less investment than $30K, and significantly closer to stock configuration?

According to his signature he ran a 13.549 @ 101.90 in his 280zx

turbo.

.....and they still call him Zmecruise, that speed is a bit more than cruis'in speeds.......oh well i confess i kinda chuckled too.