IGNORED

Wanted: 240/260z

Dead Roman

Hey guys, this is only my second post but i am looking for a 240 or a 260(preferably a 260) z coupe (not the 2+2 ). My budget is under 3k(might go over that if you know of a good deal) and i would prefer that the car be in good order mechanically. and if it is possible and you know of a car that is in one of the states touching texas or near texas(cross country wont work for me) that dbe great. Well, e-mail me or post if you know of anything. thank you very much.

Sorry I have not gotten back to your email yet, I will just answer it here so that eveyone can benefit from the information.

Places I have looked for Z cars in this area include the following:

This site's For Sale forum

Hybridz's Buy/Sell/Trade forum

Zcar.com's Classified Ads

ZDriver.com's For Sale forum, the one under the 240Z,260Z,280Z link

Autotrader's Collector Car section

eBay, use caution as the cars are not always as nice as they seem

Capital Z of Texas' Classifieds, Austin's Z car club

Z Club of Houston's Buy & Sell ads

Z Club of Texas' Zs For Sale ads, this is Dallas' Z car club

Z-Sport Club of San Antonio's Z Dealz ads

Brazos Valley Z Club's classifieds, honestly this one sucks, it has not been updated in over 3 years but you may be able to make some contacts there that may help you

ZCCA, this has links to almost every local Z car club nation wide which will help you with the surrounding states

All of these sites have numerous links off of them too. You will find yourself imursed in the Z world VERY quickly as I did. Searching of a car is a time consuming process but if you stick to your guns and keep on looking you will find what you want. I can tell you that 240Zs in this area are slim pickins, I searched for just over 5 months before finding a good one in my budget (problem is all the good inexpensive ones seem to be in California). Now you said that a 260Z is preferred, this may be just a tad easier to find as they are not as desired but then again they were only made for one year. If you are willing to take a 280Z then you should have far less trouble finding one as these are much more plentiful, even in these parts.

Well any how, these links should be enough to get you started. I would also keep an eye on the newspaper classifieds. OH! If you happen to drive by one you are interested in stop and talk to the owner or leave a note, they just may be willing to sell it...this is how I found my 240Z. :classic:

Watch out for rust!! That's the worst thing that can happen to a car, everything else can be replaced but rust is expensive to cure.

Welcome to the club and best of luck in your quest for a Z.

Ive looked around for information on the body stykes of the 280 260 and 240z, the only problem ive come across is that I think the 260 looks a bit different than the 240 and 280 but from what i understand the 280 only has a mildly diferent body. If they are all the same then i really dont car which. I personally from my own experience think that the 260 has a sleeker body style than the 28 and 240, but i might be seeing things as there arent very many where i live. Im looknig for a car that could pass as myt daily driver but also something that i will need to do some work on, i dont have a ton o money so this will be my daily driver as well as my project. I live in Teague Texas which is about 2 hrs from waco, so if the body of that 280 is in good shape id go check it out.

Thank you very much Texasz i will resume my search as soon as possible.

I'll be on the look out, though one appeared in the paper a few weeks ago here in corpus christi, tx.

I never checked on it, but I come across them sometimes.

The 240z(70-73) and the first half of the 260zs(74) are the same body style wise.(Except the tail lights)

The second half of the 260zs and the 280zs have fatter bumpers

and are pretty much the same body style wise.

As far as main body parts(glass, hood, doors, headlights, hatches ect.) they are all the interchangeable. (Of course those guys with early Zs got the cool hatch vents)

I've owned a 240z and 280z and liked the 240z better, but the 280z is definitely a more comfortable daily driver.

Of course my 240z wasn't as perfect as Victor Laurys 240z or anything.