IGNORED

Tell Me Yours I Want To Know

sjcurtis

• 1 month later...

Hi Mick, yes I know I am slack but I have talked to Annette about posting the data as a pdf file on our optus home site, but not quite there yet, I can still email individual files if thier is a specific year group ie 73. As you know I am always adding to the data as I come across more Zeds, so unless I can get it up online it will only ever be a snapshot.

cheers

Steve

Can you give us a rough number of 240z's that are left in the country? I have been meaning to take down some VicZcar members numbers to add but haven't had the chance just yet usually too busy running around getting things organised and going for drives. However I'll try make a note for the future.

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve, and everybody else that posted their Vin numbers.

Since I'm a web programmer, and webmaster of the wazcars.com website, and also a Z enthusiast and owner, I decided to set up a Australian and New Zealand S30 Z register. I have done this mostly to get stats of the kind that are available for HLS cars, but for HS cars, and to determine the number of cars left in OZ and NZ.

I know Steve has done alot of the ground work, collecting alot of HS30 information, but its not much good to people if no one has access to it.

The interface is still in it's infancy, and I hope to develop better was to display the collected data fairly soon, but for now there is just a list, like the one at zhome.org.

It's only for cars in Australia and New Zealand at the moment, I may add other countries if i get asked to.

Please try to enter as much data as you can. Individual car data will be displayed on the site once I have checked the data for obvious errors. View the registerd cars for an idea of what will be displayed and what wont be displayed on the website.

There is also a register of cars that are dead. (their information is still valid as a statistic).

There are a few private import S30 and S31 cars in Australia (US HLS30 and Fairlady Z) so they have been included in the register. I can generate statistics omitting the foriegn market cars.

Steve, contact me admin at wazcars.com and i'll see about giving you access to the database.

Please register your cars so that we can see how many Z cars are left.

http://www.wazcars.com/index.php?action=anziregister

Mr C,

I will send you all the information I have for conversion to the online format as soon as I can for upload. I am away in Toowoomba QLD on holidays for another week. I will contact you when I get home to Newcastle to affect the transfer.

cheers

Steve :classic:

Thanks Steve.

Just a note on Build dates. If the compliance plate is missing, I noticed on the underside of the 260Z dash there seems to be a date molded into the dashboard, which could give an approimate date of build of the car.

I cant remember what side it was on, and the dash is now in storage, but I have a picture of it. Its on the underside of the dash, either near the glovebox, or the steering column. This ones a 74, 3rd month, if mu theory is correct.

post-1278-14150794673924_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Mr Camouflage, I have not seen this info myself but I will keep an eye on this when I am out looking for info.

Any one out there got good information on RH drive 240Z HS30-, read through the thread.

cheers

Steve

LanceM,

thanks for that I have put the information in, just one more question, what is your nearest major City?.

Roger,

thanks for that. I have put a note on both vin dates as confirmed as per your last. I do not have the original engine data for the other Z but I will chase it up. I will let you know if engine numbers are significantly different.

To all

do I have your Z body / vin number, original data plate engine details. please let me know also production date or vin or compliance dates, original colour interior colour and trans type also any current mods.

cheers

Steve:classic:

Hello, no I`m sorry. I miss this plate on the inerside of the frontdoor.

Do you know where i can get a plain so that I can put it back with the right Numbers?

Best regards.

Joachim

P.S. I did allready a lot on the Body, would you like to see some pics?

HLS30-39939

L24-045519

11/70

Manual

Silver

Presently painted '73 Corvette Red (Mille Miglia)

Black interior

Excellent condition

Soon to be daily driver

Dellorto triples

JanSpeed SS header

Custom SS exhaust (Magnaflow resonator and muffler)

Nismo LSD w/4.10:1 r&p

Custom Porsche 930 CV axles and adapters

Type A 5-speed

Interpart/BRE anti-sway bars

Tokico Illumina struts

Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs

280ZX front calipers/300ZX rotors

240SX rear calipers/300ZX rotors

280ZX MC/proportioning valve

RH C2 17"x8" wheels

MM 28mm spacers

Wanli 215/45ZR17 R-1099

More on the horizon

Portsmouth, Virginia

To Amazombi, this plate was for North America delivery HLS30- I believe it is not required for European delivery. Your 240Z data should be on the plate in the engine bay, the indents in the door jam for the locating of the date plate should still be intack, with no drill holes. Please send information, pictures are good,in the gallery section for all to enjoy.

Thanks Zedrally it would be good to know exactly what we are talking about.

ezzzzzzz thanks I have placed your data in my HLS30- file.

cheers

Steve:classic: