Front hub dust cap - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Front hub dust cap

Featured Replies

Over half a century I've removed, cleaned, greased and replaced I don't know how many front hub bearing assemblies on how many different cars. But this time I'm stuck. For no apparent reason the dust cover on my '71 240 fell off as I was changed wheels. I put it back of course, but it fell off as soon as I backed the car out of the garage. Slides right on, but won't stay on. Worn out I guess. Local Nissan dealer has no parts catalogues for anything pre '75. Local parts store had one marked Ford but it looked to be almost identical - a few-thousandths in diameter perhaps. But it was a few thousandths too many, as after half an hour of trying, I haven't been able to get it on.

Any suggestions? If so, many thanks.

Richard

Z Car Depot Inc
No image preview

Front Hub Cap Dust Cover 240Z 260Z 280Z 280ZX

Hub Cap Dust Cover Pair OEM 240Z 260Z 280Z ZX 74-83 - 200-610 (). New pair of OEM Nissan hub cap bearing covers, Fits 8/1973 to -1983 Datsun 240Z/260Z/280Z/280ZX.

Also (read the notes on this link)

https://www.thezstore.com/product/2033/factory-front-hub-bearing-cap-70-89-240z-260z-280z-280zx-300zx-z31

  • Author

Thanks to everyone who replied. Once I had the part # I scooted down to the local Nissan store, and there it was. Odd that they have parts that fit a '71 but don't have an on-line catalogue that covers parts like this.

Cheers,

Richard McDonel

No image preview

Datsun 240Z/260Z/280Z (S30) Parts Manual

Exploding parts diagrams and listings for the 1969-1978 Datsun 240Z, 260Z & 280Z model S30 series.
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
2 hours ago, Richard McDonel said:

Thanks to everyone who replied. Once I had the part # I scooted down to the local Nissan store, and there it was. Odd that they have parts that fit a '71 but don't have an on-line catalogue that covers parts like this.

Cheers,

Richard McDonel

Thought you were aware of “CarPartsManual.com”. If you build a good relationship with the dealer you can get a 20% discount and you don’t pay shipping costs. Been doing it for years with my local dealer. Keep in mind this was one of the few parts still hanging around that still fits later model year Nissans. I generally search the manual, google that number. Most times that p/n has been superceeded. The dealer will tell you that and let you know if it’s still available.

17 hours ago, Richard McDonel said:

Odd that they have parts that fit a '71 but don't have an on-line catalogue that covers parts like this.

Courtesy Nissan down in Texas used to have one. Everybody used to use them to buy Z parts. But they revamped the web site and that part of it disappeared. The guys that put it together originally said they were going to bring the catalog back but it never happened. I'd guess that "corporate" didn't support them.

It's just another bland dealership web site now.

https://www.courtesynissan.com/parts/

The local Olympia WA dealer has a Datsun tab in their website that lists a lot of still available parts.

I still look up parts on CPM to get my own numbers then enter them in the search window. It always surprises me what is still available.

https://www.nissanparts.cc/c-datsun-51

I understand Courtesy Parts has been brought up many times here. I myself had used them in the past before I found a way to avoid shipping etc. and saving money as I mentioned previously. Did they have a hoard of parts that were not available within the Nissan global warehousing? My Nissan dealer was able to search the US and Canada.

I dont think so but they were very supportive of the older cars and came to Zcon. Then they revamped

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.