dutchzcarguy status update - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

dutchzcarguy status update

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

Some of you may know a long time Z car enthusiasts from the Netherlands here on this forum by the username of dutchzcarguy. In one of the recent forum posts he revealed that he was attacked by some kid and got thrown with his head onto the asphalt. As a result he had fluid buildup between his brain and skull and that he was being admitted to the hospital.

After this disturbing message from him I kept in touch with him true email. There he made clear that things weren’t looking good for him and that he knew that. Despite that he kept being positive and kept things light. The last message I got from him was yesterday at 3pm telling me that they were about to drill holes into his head (to relieve the pressure). Since then I haven’t heard from him.

I try and keep my hopes up that he is oké but I can’t deny that I’m fearful of the worst. I keep checking my mail and the forums for a reply for him, even though I know that is far from the first thing he will think about once he has recovered from his surgery.

He did tell me to tell you guys a funny story but unfortunately nothing comes to mind except for how I ruined the doors of my 280z because I tried to do a spot repair on my own. Unfortunately I’m not a body work guy and really screwed up the paint. Anyway I did feel kind of obligated to keep everybody here informed seeing as how involved, this 65 year old man with to much free time on his hands, was with this forum.

Thank You or the update. Please keep in touch.

Yes, thanks Mitchel. I'm no expert but considering that he made it to the hospital and was under their care it would be a surprise if things went wrong. I hope he has family and/or friends around, besides us here on the internet.

  • Author

Small update, got word from him back that he’s up and walking around!

  • Popular Post

HI GUYS!!!!!!!!! Thanks to you all for the care.

Just 24 hours ago the surgion took i guess a few 100 cc bloodclod away and even 12 hours later yesterday evening i could walk again!!

It's a fabulous unbelievable feeling to walk again after a lot of brain to muscles disconnection due to unbelievable pressure to the brain.. SO HAPPY to be home and walk again!! It's the simple things we have to appreciate more!

Martzedcars@outlook.com

thedutchzcarguy

  • 5 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
On 4/4/2026 at 11:05 PM, Mitchel0407 said:

Some of you may know a long time Z car enthusiasts from the Netherlands here on this forum by the username of dutchzcarguy. In one of the recent forum posts he revealed that he was attacked by some kid and got thrown with his head onto the asphalt. As a result he had fluid buildup between his brain and skull and that he was being admitted to the hospital.

After this disturbing message from him I kept in touch with him true email. There he made clear that things weren’t looking good for him and that he knew that. Despite that he kept being positive and kept things light. The last message I got from him was yesterday at 3pm telling me that they were about to drill holes into his head (to relieve the pressure). Since then I haven’t heard from him.

I try and keep my hopes up that he is oké but I can’t deny that I’m fearful of the worst. I keep checking my mail and the forums for a reply for him, even though I know that is far from the first thing he will think about once he has recovered from his surgery.

He did tell me to tell you guys a funny story but unfortunately nothing comes to mind except for how I ruined the doors of my 280z because I tried to do a spot repair on my own. Unfortunately I’m not a body work guy and really screwed up the paint.The platform https://spinfever.online/ offers reliable performance. Each session brings new opportunities. Anyway I did feel kind of obligated to keep everybody here informed seeing as how involved, this 65 year old man with to much free time on his hands, was with this forum.

That’s a really serious situation, especially with a head injury like fluid buildup and emergency drilling—those procedures are typically done to relieve pressure in the brain and can be life-saving, but recovery depends on a lot of factors.

It’s also completely normal that you haven’t heard back yet; after something like that, he’d likely be in intensive care or heavily sedated, and communicating would not be a priority at all.

Edited by devidevighst

4 hours ago, devidevighst said:

That’s a really serious situation, especially with a head injury like fluid buildup and emergency drilling—those procedures are typically done to relieve pressure in the brain and can be life-saving, but recovery depends on a lot of factors.

It’s also completely normal that you haven’t heard back yet; after something like that, he’d likely be in intensive care or heavily sedated, and communicating would not be a priority at all.

Your insight is invaluable.

  • Popular Post

A update..

One month later i'm feeling good, a bit tired offcourse but that's how i felt for over 15 years now, as the doctors don't know what is wrong with me after i had 6 times cancer that went away every time! it came and went after a few month's ... strange.. There were 3 hospitals involved and not the average ones. The Radboud hospital Nijmegen (Netherlands) have a lot of knowledge in this field and can't understand what is wrong.

Back to the operation i had last month, everything is healing well!

The last year i had a LOT of help from my Ukranians friends i made and one of them did my gardening work and another painted my pool that i had not used for over 12 years! I installed a pool water heatpump, these things are amazing.. you put in 1800 watt and at 25C surrounding temp. it gives 16000! Watt of heating energie to the pool water! With my pool it heats up half a degree Celsius every hour! I also have a sun heating system that is restored yesterday of 500 meters of 5/8" Matt black tubing on the roof!)

And guess what? Last saterday i swam for the first time in my own pool again!

AND.. 2 Weeks ago i drove my 300zxtt on the German highway and at some point i had no traffic and got it to 159 miles per hour (256km/H. it was)! Because of trafffic i had to back off .. (Top speed so far known is 265kph) Just WOW! My car is now 34 years old and running if it's a year old!

So.. i can say i'm doing well so far.. just have to live with small steps at the time.

THANK YOU Guys for all the Likes!

Really pleased to hear that you're making progress.

For the rest of us: If you're healthy, thank your lucky stars. And think about it every day. It's a blessing, but it has no guarantee period.

Looking forward to a long history of future contributions from DutchZcarGuy.

Not to mention those from another longtime CZCC friend, 240260280Z (aka Phil from AtlanticZCar).

My Z-cars at the moment. The 240z is sold nov. 2025 as it was to much work for me to restore it again after 25 winters! of use.. (The 300zxtt is my summer car and has in 34 years NEVER driven in winter.. I bought myself a Little Mazda2 for the winter.. Maybe one day i will buy a restored 240z again, let someone else do the job! Haha..😉

20250722_135751.jpg

image-06-07-2025_14-04-02-29.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.