Quiz Time! Water Pumps - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Quiz Time! Water Pumps

Featured Replies

Which is the original/correct water pump for a May 1971 240Z?

image.pngimage.png

Almost 100% sure that the Nissan OEM pumps used the cast impeller, not the stamped steel. There are extensive discussions out there about which pumps best.

So, I don't know if A is correct but I'd say that B is definitely incorrect. They both look pretty nasty. Are you thinking about using one of them?

You can get a new Aisin WPN-013 water pump. I have no idea whether or not GMB was an OEM supplier, but Aisin is a Japanese based company that is a parts supplier for that country's automotive industry.

I don't think either of those water pumps you pictured are "original", but as for "correctness", here's a couple pics from a 9/70 car. Note that this car has A/C and I don't know if that makes any difference, but it's what I got:
P1240618.JPG

P1240621.JPG

P1240622.JPG

P1240623.JPG


Edited by Captain Obvious

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I think both those GMBs are aftermarket and agree that an Aisin with the cast iron impeller will be as close to OE that you'll find today unless you can find one using the part number on this box.

image.png

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.