IGNORED

optima battery hold down

mmagnus

• 2 months later...

Mmmagnus, yes, the battery tie-down will work with the 240Z. Looks awesome in my 280ZX! I bought new J-bolts for about $4 at Advance Auto for a better fit -- you might need to as well. BTW, Z-Tek Mfg. (http://www.z-tekmfg.com/datsuncat.html) also carries the tie-downs now -- you will have to email him though, cuz they're not listed on the website yet (I dunno his price yet, as its a new item).

And, Bambi, they have the chrome battery boxes at Summit Racing (lowest price I've seen) -- there's pre-cut holes for the battery cables from the front or rear side. Check out their website, and you'll see it in more detail (http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=search.asp&type=bykeyword&searchtype=both&part=battery+box).

:bunny:

That Battery holder would be great for putting the battery in the trunk. Especially scence they are batterys that are enclosed and you can mount them sideways!

Has anyone moved their battery to the trunk area yet? Was it hard and what parts did you use to connect it.

Brian:alien:

I installed a red top optima back when my car was on the road. To hold it down I used the "stock" Z battery hold down and fabricated a metal bracket 1" wide and 3" long. Measured the distance between the hole on the firewall and the top of the battery hold down, drilled the holes and presto. Custom battery hold down. Works great!

• 2 years later...