IGNORED

optima battery hold down

mmagnus

I just bought a red top optima battery for my 240Z and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a custom made hold down for the Z with this battery

I saw one on Ebay but lost the auction.

Mark

Hi Mark:

I saw that auction also. I couldn't justify the $60+ that it went for, but I'd sure like to get one at a semi-reasonable price. Have you emailed the seller to inquire if HE made it, or if he can share the source. Once the unit is designed, making copies shouldn't be too difficult or expensive/time consuming. If we could find a source, maybe we could get together a bulk buy and get a deal on 10 or more units? Just a thought.

I'm about to order this battery tie down from: http://www.splparts.com

FetchImageJPG.asp?ImageType=P&ImageFormat=H&ImageID=62811

Is that not sharp, or what? :knockedou

It says its for a Z32, but after chatting with a Z32 buddy of mine, I believe it will fit the other Z's, with the way it's designed. I'm going to order one for my 280ZX show car tomorrow (by phone -- Pay Pal is not my friend -- LOL). When it arrives, I can let you know if it fits my 240Z, if you want.

I am not sure about how "EASY" it would be. The optima batt. are for the most part a shorter batt. then most so it should be good there. Now the base of that tray is the part that bolts in place. I have never seen one in a Z car. I put one in my vette and just cut away parts of the old stock tray (so it was flat) and mounted it on that. Very little room there (less then a Z) and the fit was good.

Oooo, I really like that billet holder, Jeff.

Okay, Mark. When I get my tie down, I'll demo. it on my 240Z and post some pics. (if it's a good fit). Oh, and would you mind posting the measurements of your Optima battery, just so I can estimate the size difference in determining whether it would fit your car? Thanks. :)