Turn Signal Rebuilding service - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Turn Signal Rebuilding service

Featured Replies

Can anyone recommend a turn signal rebuilding service? I would try it myself since there is lots of information here, but I am limited to one hand for the next 8-10 mths due to surgery.  

If you are on Facebook, look up Jay Zinc - he has a well regarded service.

2 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

If you are on Facebook, look up Jay Zinc - he has a well regarded service.

What about Jim Arnett? 😉

25 minutes ago, Patcon said:

What about Jim Arnett? 😉

He doesn't take in outside work. 😉

  • Author

Thanks Jim!! I just contacted him and will be sending out both the DS switch and Hazzard Switch.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
8 hours ago, GregP said:

Thanks Jim!! I just contacted him and will be sending out both the DS switch and Hazzard Switch.

Can you give any feedback on approximate cost for a switch rebuild?

  • Author

I will post how it comes out and $ info. He is away until next week. i am sending him some photos for pricing options.

 

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

FOLLOW UP ON SERVICE: Here is a follow up on using Jay Zinc to rebuild my 2 turn signal switches and the hazard switch for my 73 240z. 

I am thrilled with not only his service, but also the response, keeping me consistently updated and his price. I send him two turn signal switches. One was in ok shape but wasn't working and the other looked like a disaster with broken handle, cut & missing wires, missing connectors etc.  His prices vary depending on the work he is doing, and repairs/parts needed. On the terrible TS I opted for a full show restoration ($380) and for the one that just wasn't working, a general rehab and refurbishment ($150). I had him do the same on the hazard switch ($150).  They look like brand new.  He sent photos as his work progressed and highlighted defects before and after. Took him roughly a week to do all three items. he even sent me a choice of carriers and prices for shipping them back. Highly recommend him (thanks Jim Arnett for recommending him). 

I asked Jay for a list of services and here is his response.  Contact him on Facebook under his name: Jay Zinc

I'm limited to the 1970-78 Datsun Z/Nissan Fairlady Z for all dash switches. 
I can also restore/service center console switches (rear defrost, parking lamp, choke, etc) really any switches.
As for pricing, it varies slightly depending on year/condition of the switch. I typically say "contact me for a quote".
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna save this link, but im surprised that he has no posts or anything on his facebook page. That seems suspect to me

Normally if you receive information from one of the senior members here. The information is pretty solid.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.