IGNORED

Looks good for $11K

It's a con, the same scammer has been posting details and pictures of cars that have sold on BAT in fake Craiglist ads. This is one of them. Here it is on BAT. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-247/ 

There's also this one: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-229/ posted on CL https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/las-vegas-1972-nissan-datsun-240z/7754221656.html

Many others I've see, if the price seems to good to be true it is, buyer beware.

• Agree 1

That would figure, scammers are all over. I was not looking to buy, but how does the scam work on CL?

Normally I would go there and pay cash on delivery. If it is not right I walk away. Do they ask for a deposit, and then disappear? 

FB scams seem easy to spot, "pay me and I'll send the part"  NOT!!

Posted (edited)

I thought that CL had a way to report scams but I guess not.

So, what exactly is the scam?  Not clear how the scammers make money from fake ads.  I do remember the old "selling but not in town" scam where they  asked you to wire money.  But this one looks local.  What's the latest scam technique?

Edited by Zed Head

They want long distance buyers that can't resist the low price, if you are local and can come see the car they never respond. They then get you to send a deposit to hold the car and then they vanish. Happens all the time unfortunately.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/8/2024 at 8:16 AM, Terrapin Z said:

The seller does say to email him through CL but to include your phone number for him to call or text you. For any questions, comments or concerns. 

I did just that, told him I was local and wanted to see the car. Guess what, no response whatsoever. It's a common scam on CL that catches many gullible buyers out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I emailed him, he sent me a number to text him, but haven't heard anything back from him yet, I guess there is a line up of guys to rip off first before he gets down the list to me.

1971 Datsun 240z manual

Inbox

craigslist 7754666674

3:50 PM (5 hours ago)

to 3f6e57d407bd3eb5a39b2024f7b29d4f
cleardot.gif

Hey Christopher please feel free to text me at 669 243 0228

Thanks!

• Haha 1