IGNORED

Sudden Running Lean Issue

chaseincats

On 3/10/2024 at 12:17 AM, chaseincats said:

The weatherstrip (the rubber rectangular gasket that goes inside the efi connector) for cyl1 was working its way out of its mount when the car warmed up and prohibited cyl1's efi connector from fully seating.

How did you get the retaining clips in?  The plug has to be firmly seated to get the clip in.

22 hours ago, chaseincats said:

I don't have the clips

If they're stock like injectors you should consider using the clips. They have held mine in place since I replaced those plugs in 2011. Bought from a popular Ebay guy that had Bosch rebuild kits.

• Agree 1

Sounds like the old school factory bakelite plastic where you push the clip in from the side. If that is the case trouble is imminent due to vibration. That little seal is for moisture.

Many people switch to the later model spring clip connectors.  It's a fun project.

If you decide to do it you can get them cheap at any well-stocked salvage yard.  90's GM, Volvo and BMW plus many other brands used them.  They're called EV1 style injector connections.  Kind of spendy if you buy them new.

A piar of crimping pliers and some insulated butt connectors is quick and pretty easy.  They look like this -

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...