IGNORED

D Washers for fenders

MH77280Z

Hey guys, any good source to get few D washers for fenders? I ordered them through McMaster and it is back ordered like hell 18-19 weeks!!! meaning you never get them. Worst case I have to cut few myself (probably should have done it 2 weeks ago instead of waiting!!!).

They are the one that look like this. As you go down the bolt row on the fender under the hood section there are these D washers. 

The flat part is on the bottom and provides the depth needed so the washers don't stick up above the fenders. 

Note Zedsaver shows them with the flat part up. I have always seen them with the flat part down. Now I am not sure of the orientation. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 11.11.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 11.14.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 11.18.44 AM.png

Seems like they have these in stock: https://www.mcmaster.com/96025A221/

You need D washers here on 3 of the holes each side. 2 per side has those rubber bumpers. I am planning to just use all 5 D washers for now. Also flat side goes on the bottom as there is no space, that's the point for having the D washer here. I have few original ones but they are rusted. These new ones are great quality.

12.jpg

Edited by MH77280Z
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanTechZ said:

AKA "clipped washers". I don't see them called for in the parts book for fender installation, my guess is that if you find them, they were likely just cut to suit when required.

image.png

37 seems to point to the two you need on the inside to attach the headlight housing. Those dont need D washers.

11 minutes ago, MH77280Z said:

37 seems to point to the two you need on the inside to attach the headlight housing. Those dont need D washers.

Sorry  I did point to the wrong ones, but the fender to hood ledge uses the same regular flat washer.

image.png

9 minutes ago, CanTechZ said:

Sorry  I did point to the wrong ones, but the fender to hood ledge uses the same regular flat washer.

image.png

Some regular washers might fit. My 77 has all 6 of them flat rusted and I dont have space to fit the regular ones. The McMaster ones work. These ones also fit a bit cheaper. Check your fit: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/06772388
I am receiving the McMaster tomorrow and will send a snap.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I'm really just here for the puzzle.  Can't find them on carpartsmanual but they do seem to be a thing.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-datsun-240z-112/

image.png

On my car there are some clipped and some not. Just for reference here is how the part number 08915-43610 decodes, the digits defining the washer type are "915-4" which equals "Washer , Plain Standard".

image.png

28 minutes ago, MH77280Z said:

Some regular washers might fit. My 77 has all 6 of them flat rusted and I dont have space to fit the regular ones. The McMaster ones work. These ones also fit a bit cheaper. Check your fit: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/06772388
I am receiving the McMaster tomorrow and will send a snap.

Just for comparison, the ones on my 7/70 measure 17.8mm OD x 6.7mm ID for both the round and D washers. The D measurement is 15.3mm.

20231208_122522.jpg

• Like 1