IGNORED

Wiper Woes

jfa.series1

2 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Trico Classic appears to have a similar locking mechanism as the OEM Datsuns.  You might be able to chuck the arms and use the blade if you are a stickler for originality .

image.png

Don't be too quick with that suggestion. I have searched on Trico 33-183 before. At Summit, this is the picture they show with that part number:

image.png

In digging deeper, I read the reviews on Amazon for the 33-183, and people say the bayonet adapter is plastic. https://www.amazon.com/Trico-33-183-Classic-Wiper-Blade/product-reviews/B000CRMNJC/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

8 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Don't be too quick with that suggestion. I have searched on Trico 33-183 before. At Summit, this is the picture they show with that part number:

image.png

In digging deeper, I read the reviews on Amazon for the 33-183, and people say the bayonet adapter is plastic. https://www.amazon.com/Trico-33-183-Classic-Wiper-Blade/product-reviews/B000CRMNJC/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

Yup, I found the same comments on Amazon. Look closely at the pic and you can see the stainless steel reinforcments along the backbone, common on most new blades. These SS ribs are typically too wide to fit the OE frame.

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I have these on mine. No issues, bought at local parts chain. Advance I believe...

Trico 44-180

20231130_184647.jpg

A search in Google is showing a lot of "out of stock" on that part. I bought some the previous time you mentioned them. More and more parts are just unobtainable.

13 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Thanks for the links. Checking them both shows them to be 6mm width, mine are 3/8" - ~8.5mm. I'm going to look closely at the OER F309. It has a SS reinforcing rib but still might be narrow enough to work. As you commented on the Trico 44-180, no joy on multiple searches.