IGNORED

Shifter bushings don't fit?

NocturnalEmber

Has anyone had any issues with the shifter bushings sold by zcardepot not fitting? I installed the pivot bushing at the bottom of the shifter, and pressed the two bushings into each side of the shifter itself.

However, when I tried to stick the shifter in between the ears of the transmission to fit the shifter back into place, it wouldn't fit,  the shifter bushings are just too wide.  I tried using some moderate force, and one of the bushings was actually pushed out of the shifter itself by the ear on the transmission and flew off into oblivion, so now I'm having to order another bushing.

Anyone ever encounter this before? Any searching I've done seems to just yield people using solid bushings or saying how easy the process is, but that shifter definitely did not want to fit in between the ears on the transmission with those bushings pressed into each side of the shifter.

Somewhat of an update,

I did manage to locate where the other bushing flew off to, but I can't seem to get the shifter to align enough for me to slide the pin through, going to have to get at it from underneath the car from the look of things because I can't see to align it, and it's going to need tapped in based on the resistance I'm feeling.