IGNORED

Repairing Buzzer Wires From Ignition

Richie G

Thanks @kickstand80 if anyone wants to go through the trouble of rekeying their car this guy has a bunch of sets that are for old Cedric and similar non Z cars that can be bought.    He's good on dropping prices too, just make an offer.  he even polished the keys for me before he sent them.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=auto-parts-sale&store_cat=0&store_name=ukstar76&_oac=1&_nkw=lock

He does have some z stuff if needed as well.

@Yarb TY for confirming its the flasher.  Can you help me with a suggestion on the wiring issue I have?  Buzzer works fine but it does not shut off when the door lighgt sensor is pushed in (door closed).  that same sensor on the driver side will shut the dome light so i know at least he has that right.  But before i tear stuff apart just looking for advice what to look for and how it would be wired in.

@Yarb I'm guessing my door pin is a newer 2 wire one.  I'm betting the PO got these from one of the popular sites and probably the wire going to the buzzer wiring is hanging around back there.  If so, is there a way to tie that buzzer wire into one of these if indeed it is a 2 pin switch?

@Yarb  took a look under there and it is a 2 wire switch that i have.  both look connected to black wires.

from looking at the wiring diagram i have, the buzzer only has 2 wires red & yellow which i see correctly connected on my car

image.png

I also see the red connected to the lock switch but can't tell where the black is going from lock switch at the moment.  i presume correctly connected to one of door switch black wires but not sure until i really get under there

I do see on the wiring diagram it should go to door switch and door switch should go to the passenger door switch

image.png

image.png

then passenger door switch up to room light.

Those grounds are they supposed to be showing a 3rd / 2nd wire respectively or are the new two pin type switches self grounding against the body?

Maybe my driver side has the two black wires reversed?

here's a quick follow up.  the passenger side door switch is two wire but one hangs freely which matches the wiring diagram if the body is self grounding.  both door switches work the room light just fine.  i can also depress the room light switch and turn it on just fine when the doors are closed.  so to me, both door switches and the room light must be working fine and maybe the one black wire from lock switch to driver side door switch must be the issue some how.

I figured that I would use the 73 wiring diagram as an example since I have a good scan of that one.

image.png

The positive comes from the same circuit as the positive for the dome light. I highlighted it with the red line. It goes to the ignition switch and goes back into the harness as a black wire. (Ugh - black wire as a positive!) It goes over to the driver door switch. When the door is open, the contacts close, and that black wire connects to another black wire that goes to the buzzer. Note that the buzzer has 2 diodes as it is activated by the seat belt circuit and the key in ignition circuit.

The driver side switch should have 3 wires. Two of the wires should have continuity with the door open. The third wire should ground to the switch.