IGNORED

Triple Webers setup

I'm helping a guy get his unfinished project on the road,  on a bored out L24 is new set of triple Weber 40 DCOE 151, made in Spain.

The choke tubes are 30mm, air corrector jets 170, pump jets 40, idle jets 60-F8,  emulsion tube F11 and the main jets are 125

Although they only have a few minutes of running time on them they have had gas sitting in them for a few years I would think so had to do open covers and clean them out. With linkage disconnected I've adjusted the throttle stops to half a turn open, set the linkage to be identical for all 3, idle mixture screw to 1 full turn open.

Ideally, I would like the engine to start up on the first turn of the key but would appreciate any other recommendations for set up that will help.

Thanks

IMG_2223.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

Edited by grannyknot

Also, I wish Weber made a choke mechanism where the lever moves in the opposite direction, thinking about trying to rig up the choke levers so they can be pushed open from the cabin.

Are the chokes on Weber's an enrichment circuit and can't I get that from an extra squirt of gas using the pedal?

Weber's have an accel pump jet that sprays fuel in the bore when you push the pedal. Little jet that sticks down in the bore from the top. 

You can get reversed weber choke mechanisms as well. I mean "inverted".

One example

https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/choke-mechanism-for-weber-dcoe-and-idf-inverted_UC40223.htm

Edited by zKars
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, zKars said:

Weber's have an accel pump jet that sprays fuel in the bore when you push the pedal. Little jet that sticks down in the bore from the top. 

You can get reversed weber choke mechanisms as well. I mean "inverted".

One example

https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/choke-mechanism-for-weber-dcoe-and-idf-inverted_UC40223.htm

Great! I thought someone must make it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I've hit a wall and need someone else's eyes, I can't get the engine started and I'm afraid the gas is pouring down the slope of manifold and into the cylinders like it was when I opened the engine.

Weber triples, specs on the first post, DCOE made in Spain with plastic floats, float levels set at 12mm from the top of float to carb lid, 1.5mm droop, butterflies set covering the first progression hole closest to the intake, Idle mixture screws 1.5 turns out.

With the #1 piston at TDC, #1 cams pointing out, oil pump shaft set at 12:35 on the clock dial, distributor set at slightly advanced, firing order 153624, quadruple checked all leads going to the right sparkplug.  I didn't check all the sparkplugs but #1 is sparking well.

Just won't start, any ideas?

Thanks

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG