IGNORED

Replacement Throttle Body Linkage Return Spring

ea6driver

Where would you suggest that I could source a replacement return spring? Mine is damaged (and very rusty)...I'm thinking that aftermarket options would be suitable...just wondering if anyone in the group had already investigated and IMG_0017.JPGsolved this problem before.

IMG_0019.jpegThanks Yarb....I'll place a "Wanted to Buy" post on this website...

In the attached photo I've drawn two black arrows next to the parts I need. We've already discussed the larger spring. Now my new question concerns the part identified by the other black arrow. From reviewing other sources, I'm pretty sure there are supposed to be two of these small "washer" looking parts...one positioned at each end of the smaller spring when it is installed on the side of the throttle body...along the "axle". Mine only had this one washer...so I'll need to locate a second one. Additionally, when I removed these parts from my throttle body, some small pieces of broken black plastic fell out from inside the smaller spring...I'm thinking that originally there was some sort of plastic spacer inside the spring that deteriorated over time. Can anyone confirm this? And perhaps post a photo of what this plastic part looked like?

Just had to dig for an old TB. 

My spring had this little piece of rubber inside it. 

The collars and pin need clean up. It needed a little heat to get it apart. The collars are metal on my set up. No plastic parts that I saw. 

Car parts manual only identifies the spring, and does not show the collars or pin.

IMG_7383.jpg

IMG_7384.jpg

• Like 1