IGNORED

Heater valve

Patcon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a go at this, since I was waiting for the aftermarket 74627 valve to come. I replaced the body square cut seal with a Viton thick wall o-ring. No external leaks, however the valve doesn't fully shut - the I/O hoses still have warmth to them, indicating some passage of coolant. I'm going to switch it out for the 74627.

3 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Could come from just conduction.. or is it still hot after say an hour after closing the valve?  I think those valves never close very optimal anyway..

That is true - I'll have to check it after more than 20 minutes driving. I had left the valve open for about 20 minutes outbound drive, to make sure there were no air pockets, then drove back with it closed. My experience with other cars is that with the valve closed the hose on the output side of the core will be cooler than the input, the I/O still felt pretty even in temp. I'll check it again.

• Like 1