IGNORED

75 280Z - Updating fuel feed & return lines in the engine bay

HusseinHolland

On 11/17/2023 at 8:25 PM, Zed Head said:

The "dead" part of the deadhead is the non-moving fuel in the rail.  Dead flow.

If the fuel doesn't pass through the rail, in one end and out the other, then it's a deadhead system.

Apologies, I was looking at the return vs return-less aspect of that debate. I don't see any disadvantage to this setup, if that was why you were pointing it out, or because I wasn't getting the point?  The one link posted seemed more concerned with carbureted setups, which is a whole 'nother ballgame, IMO. I would expect it would be unwise to use a stock style diaphragm version FPR for such a setup though. 

Volvo used this setup from the early 90's until the early 2K adoption of in-tank PWM controlled units. Removes the need for additional fuel lines on the motor, and removes the potential heating of the regulator and fuel returning to the tank. I haven't had any heat soak issues since switching to the billet rail and composite injectors. Improved starts, however the starter crank speed has a variable in that equation...

Edited by HusseinHolland

Swapped out the ProTunerZ rail today. Old one in foreground

PXL_20231208_163653900.jpg

Easy swap out. Injectors stay put. 2 -6 AN fittings and the 2 hold downs on the intake.

PXL_20231208_164343136.jpg

Countersunk the first one (hand cut, no chatter or burrs) ProTunerZ didn't want it back.

PXL_20231208_172311631.MP.jpg

PXL_20231208_172821522.jpg

Oring seats properly now (in the old one)

PXL_20231208_172835830.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, darom said:

My protunerz fuel rail has the same shallow o-ring surface for the CSV line. @HusseinHolland what is the name of the drill bit you used on yours? It looks like a deburring bit (45 degree?). I am heading out to Home Depot, will look for one. Thanks!

Sorry didn't see this earlier. It's a countersink bit,  I think they are typically 82º, so not aligned with the 37º JIC fittings, but it still works