IGNORED

Suspension rides too high - What are my options? ('72 240Z)

Jughead

If the transaction occurred shortly before they shut down, the marching orders were "sell everything you can".  You probably got 280z springs just so they could get rid of them.  Heck, maybe they belong to an F150 Raptor?

@Tirnipgreen

Yeah your stance looks just like mine. I like your wheels btw. 

So, now I'm wonder if bigger wheels/tires would help.    Again, I currently have 195 70R 14 tires on it.   Thoughts?   How could I find out what tire/wheel size would be optimal with out spending a ton of money?

13 hours ago, Jughead said:

Other than that,   I'm gonna try having the Control Arm bushings retorqued under load,  though I'm not expecting much....I'll keep y'all posted

Jug...I put new tires on my car last weekend. I bought the cheapest thing WalMart had at $49 a piece...Dextero "Touring" 195/70-14. I did it for numerous reasons, one being to see if my original steel wheels were going to work out as I have a set of really nice original wheel covers that I ultimately want to use (I think the Turbines look good, too...!). Second was to see what effect CORRECT size tires would have on the ride height. Third reason was the tires on the Turbines were from 1999. They could be unsafe and may very well have torn belts within them causing ride / handling issues. I will say that the car rides and handles much better. I will also say that I feel safer...more confident so I can concentrate on the road and the car, rather than the tires. I would now like to do the same thing it sounds like you are doing, loosening the bushings wherever possible and (maybe) putting weight in the car and (possibly) bouncing the suspension in an effort to lower its stance...? I am as skeptical as it sounds like you are...but worth a shot. I bought a set of NOS rear springs that will be my next move along with the originals on the front as I really want a stock stance. Until then, I will work on sorting electrical demons in an effort at getting the car reliably on the road. All the best...Ryals

• Like 2

Tirnipgreen  

I'm having mine retorqued on July 5th & will keep you posted.   

Honestly,  the stance is starting to grow on me... !Mine's a "driver", so wouldn't want it lowered anyway. 

Also,  I only have a few hundred miles insince installing the shocks, springs, so, who knows...stay tuned. 

Edited by Jughead
typo

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Tirnipgreen  

I'm having mine retorqued on July 5th & will keep you posted.   

Honestly,  the stance is starting to grow on me... !Mine's a "driver", so wouldn't want it lowered anyway. 

Also,  I only have a few hundred miles insince installing the shocks, springs, so, who knows...stay tuned. 

I am going to loosen my rears and bounce on it, drive it around and then retorque. I like it a little high myself...getting old...! Nice to see what happens with yours and mine...Thanks.