IGNORED

Upsize tire options for Z32 with stock wheels

Randalla

11 hours ago, Diseazd said:

.I won’t be able to sleep at night knowing that!

Haha funny,  you know, lots of fun to get some directional tires for your 300zxtt.. and just say nothing to the tire guy.. :tapemouth:

8 of 10 times it go's wrong.. they install the right direction but on the wrong side, then they have to take off the tire again and turn it around to get it right on the right side! 

The last time i had new tires they where from the directional sort.. and you really have to scratch yourself behind the ears.. left forward direction on left and right direction on the right side rims.. and then the wide ones at the rear.. pfff..  believe it or not but there was a 300zxtt ending with the wide rims on the right side and the smaller rims on the left side.. all tires where 225/50zr16's and.. the customer was not amused as it drove like complete SH*T.. 🤬

Most tire guys take off one wheel and put a new tire on.. then they go to the next wheel and put the new tire/rim on there and then go to put a new tire on the 2'nd wheel and go to the third wheel and so on.. if you do this with a 300zxtt you end up with the wide rims on one side of the car... it's soooo much fun!! :pow:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

On 2/21/2023 at 6:48 PM, Diseazd said:

Damn @dutchzcarguy……..I won’t be able to sleep at night knowing that!  My guess is the brakes won’t fry though. @Randalla and @dutchzcarguyI’m with you both, the BaT trolls love to show you how smart they are……they need to “get a life”. 

@dutchzcarguy@RandallaWell I couldn’t sleep, so I bought a set of used Turbo Z wheels for my 300ZX. I took them to Alloy Wheels of Richmond (great folks) and had them dipped and powder coated. They came out beautiful. Wrapped ‘em with BF Goodrich G Force Comp 2’s. The rears are 245 50 ZR 16 and fronts are 225 50 ZR 16’s. You’ll notice they are correctly mounted as factory wanted. Sleeping like a baby!

IMG_5111.jpeg

IMG_5158.jpeg

IMG_5159.jpeg

IMG_5161.jpeg

IMG_5168.jpeg

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 2

It turned out very well! and also the orig turbo tire sizes on it!  Nice car.. as i got the same car (Yes in silver KL0) i clearly missed the spoiler on the rear.. but i also like the look without that thing.

Any chance that you have the color code for that rim paint/powdercoat stuff?  Mine are now 31 years old and a bit fading. (but still good as they are really old.)

OR does someone know the paintcode for the original  z32 wheels? 

Color was trial and error. Why it’s important to get a reputable wheel shop. Also, not much metalic in the paint IMO. I didn’t know how much they improved the car until I took off the old wheels and installed the new ones. 👍

6 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Color was trial and error. Why it’s important to get a reputable wheel shop.

They/You came very close to the original paintwork!  I understand it's a powdercoat. so maybe you can ask for the code of that powdercoating eh.. powder?  It's beautiful!

What i ask myself as i never powdercoated, do you need to take off all the old powdercoat? I think yes? as al the edges become to round when coating over a old coat?

Yes, they removed the old powder coat….acid dipped is what they said they were going to do.  Then they powder coated, painted and heat baked. Not cheap, $179.00 per wheel, but it included everything…..fixing road rash (if any) and straightening if needed. Wheels and tires make a car IMO. If I have a dirty car and wheels and had to choose between just washing the car or washing and dressing the wheels and tires, I’d choose the wheels and tires every time!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Edited by Diseazd

It took me 3 times looking at it but now i see the small cover in the middle  is not powdercoated?  I thought the new powdercoat is a bit darker then the original wheel/rim and the thing in the middle aknowledges that..  sorry it's fine.. i'm just a ..  Mierenneukert.. (Translated: a antf*cker)  🤣

You can always powdercoat the little hubcap ? 🙊 

Edited by dutchzcarguy

9 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

So funny.. only bad ENGLISH words are going to be deleted!  

A antf*cker is someone that it very very critical on how things get done.. very precise people.. often giving headages to others haha! 

I'm all about learning and enjoy the "local spoken" translations you share with me/us. I ask the locals to wherever I'm visiting where they eat and drink instead of shiny signs on the main road.

Borat is where I'm headed with this. You would be very similar to that character if you came over here. A good ernest guy making friends with a huge language barrier. If I came to your neighborhood with my country bumpkin "mirenukert" you all would have me strung up on a high tree limb. LOL

Thank you for being friendly with us, learning our language and very often teaching us.

You are a character! (that's positive)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1