IGNORED

Japanese RHD HS30 variations 70-74

dspillman

8 minutes ago, dspillman said:

We have already removed the “flares….over fenders”    There is corner identification, but it is more on a small white or  silver tag like marked with 2 letter for corresponding corner.     I’ll have to look in morning to give better idea, or picture.

That seems genuine! 

A rear bumper for HZG, please note the color of the bumper.

It is not the same color with the tail light trim panel. It is a little bit glossy. 

And the bumper has a center rubber piece along with the center bumper.

And Fairlady 240Z-L/ 240ZG have black wiper blades and arms.

Kats

C1378035-5D4B-4543-9D80-E1B7573796A6.jpeg

E9C168B2-F1EB-437C-840A-616B825EBB4B.jpeg

939B6077-9A71-4105-8387-F778E9715BB1.png

CCE94DBA-93F5-431A-B2E6-BFB359E2164F.jpeg

9A9A8643-0B93-42B2-B627-D2E6F2B26CD7.jpeg

1 hour ago, dspillman said:

Please remember, that I have already identified the glove box chalk markings as to be the HS30-ZL version…. Now if there is/or has been some disputing that identifier I’m all ears.   But it is what is is.  

81E5DA2F-E613-417D-B9F1-D83777A86030.jpeg

OK I have got it. By the way If you sell the G-nose assembly, I recommend selling it in Japan. Average price is like 10000 USD for a complete set. Over fenders, a new set will score 1500-2000 USD. I know a 1970 radio for US and Canada sells 1500-2000 USD, so not surprising price for you.

I am trying to find out if there is an exception about the glove box markings. I saw a Fairlady 240ZG who said it is a genuine HZG has a markings on the glove box which showed exactly the one like yours. I was suspicious about the car, but I am now feeling that I need to dig a lot more about the glove box markings. Your example made me think so.
Yes in my experience, genuine HZG has “H-H” for the glove box. Some genuine HZG replaced with a new one, sadly they lost original H-H markings.

As we discussed before, the only certain way to identify a genuine HZG is a number written in a registration certificate. The last three digits  070 for a 5 speed, 100 for an automatic transmission, without these numbers, it is very hard to prove that the car is an original HZG if a car lost unique HZG features.

Kats

Thank you so much for taking many pictures, they looked genuine except the wiper blades. But, your wiper blades must have been provided from Nissan. At some point Nissan provided your wiper blades to customers when they got received the parts number of HZG and HZL. So, can I say that they are Nissan genuine wiper blades but shape is different? 

About the transmission, could you please take a picture of a little wider view of the cut out for the shift lever. I am assuming the cut out will be the same for FS5C71A.

Very interesting!

Kats

The rear bumper has been painted a gloss black to match the front and of course the rusty rockers.   A quick peak on the inside “facing car”  of bumper shows a maybe silver gray color…. Not chrome.  There are no marks we’re bumper guards would have been attached… on second thought did any of HS30 car have bumper guards?

Rubber strip is present in center of bumper  although in poor shape.   

7FEEF8A8-7AA8-48D5-9BAA-D3EEFF8C48DC.jpeg

• Like 1