IGNORED

Yet another mustache bar bushing thread

inline6

I've searched and looked at the threads I can find on mustache bar mounting bushings, but I haven't come across information about the bushings I think my car originally came with.  Here is a pic of some I found online that are just like them.  Does anyone know what the original Nissan part numbers are for this "solid" style?

DSCN5607_d7587921-139f-401c-871c-3ac9041

3 hours ago, EuroDat said:

It's not original type. Could be a Nissan competitikn or an aftermarket " upgrade".

What's the bush in the mustache bar look like?

The bushing in the mustache bar looked stock if I recall correctly.  They were removed and replaced with new old stock originals by the prior owner.   Here are pics showing what was on my car when I received it from the prior owner.  The previous owner had messed with them for sure - note one serrated type on top and one of the type I mention in the lower position - on each side:

1971_datsun_240z_152944844995d565ef66e7d

1971_datsun_240z_1530579767514e1416a1ee0

Edited by inline6

Inline6, 

The bushings in your first post were Nissan stock bushings consistent with those on my 1973Z. Unfortunately, that solid style bushing has been NLA for quite a while and all that was available were the serrated type  bushings. I posted about these bushings in January 2020, you can find that thread if you search on mustache bar bushings. I believe the correct upper bushing with the 16 mm hole is Nissan part no. 55474-N4300. The lower one has a 13 mm hole and is part no. 55475-E8300.  In was not able to locate any source of the solid bushings and used the later serrated ones which are supposed to be direct replacements. I've run with the later style bushings for two years and they seem to be fine.

1 hour ago, jpc3006 said:

Inline6, 

The bushings in your first post were Nissan stock bushings consistent with those on my 1973Z. Unfortunately, that solid style bushing has been NLA for quite a while and all that was available were the serrated type  bushings. I posted about these bushings in January 2020, you can find that thread if you search on mustache bar bushings. 

I believe the correct upper bushing with the 16 mm hole is Nissan part no. 55474-N4300. The lower one has a 13 mm hole and is part no. 55475-E8300.  In was not able to locate any source of the solid bushings and used the later serrated ones which are supposed to be direct replacements. I've run with the later style bushings for two years and they seem to be fine.

Were you able to find new serrated bushings?

I believe these two (blue arrows) are the right ones.  The upper ones have larger diameter holes than the lower ones.  The one in the top left corner of your pic clearly has a smaller diameter hole.  Can you measure the diameter of the hole in those 3?  If those two with the blue arrows have the large hole, they are what I need.  Doesn't matter if they are hard. 

image.png

Here are the ones I currently have.  The third one I found with parts that came with my car is another lower one.  The ones in grey primer are the serrated ones.

rear diff mount washers.jpg

• Like 1