IGNORED

I need some remote eyes and ears

Seppi72

My beloved daily driver Scion xD got totaled Wednesday night after hitting a deer, going airborne and flipping end-over-end down a creek bed.  I want to get another xD but the best deal I've fund is located in Jefferson City, MO and that's almost 500 miles from me in central Ohio.

So does anyone live in or near Jeff City who would be able to give that car a good looksee, test drive and assure me it's not a dud?  I'm willing to pay for your time to do this.

• Wow 2

The deer or your car flipped down the creek? That sucks either which one. I'm not a deer hunter but after a guy I knew had one jump out in front of him on his motorcycle and killed him (the guy) I say shoot away at those rascals, legally.

Sorry Mr & Mrs Maras.  They are beautiful creatures when they've got space. 🤔

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice, guys.  I had the dealer put it on a lift and send me detailed pix of the underbody, wheel wells, door openings and rocker panels so I could check for rust.  No issues there.  In fact, everything looked almost brand new, which is what I expected from a car with only 18,000 on the odometer.  Car had been used by an older woman in Springfield, MO its entire life so exposure to salt was likely minimal.  Had the sales guy send me a video of his driving around and then doing quick starts in a big parking lot.  Car performed as expected too.

I got back at 11 p.m. EST last night from Jefferson City, MO with the "new" xD in tow.  No real problems doing that other than moderate all across Indiana after dark, so headlight glare and semi spray made for an interesting time.  Fortunately, there was no wind so I didn't have to worry about a wandering trailer.

I haven't yet posted pix of the wrecked car so here are some of those just to show you how well it held up in a violent crash - which is one reason that I wanted to get the same model of car.  That last photo shows one of the headlight cases stuck in a tree over the creek from when I was flipping end-over-end.  If you look below it at about 6 o'clock you'll see a red rectangle there in the tree as well.  I think that's a backing frame for the right taillight.

Very happy to have walked away from that with just a broken rib from the shoulder belt.

20221126_094816.jpg

20221126_094828.jpg

20221126_094839.jpg

20221126_094852.jpg

20221126_094852.jpg

20221125_114538.jpg

• Wow 3

On 11/28/2022 at 1:46 PM, Seppi72 said:

My beloved daily driver Scion xD got totaled Wednesday night after hitting a deer, going airborne and flipping end-over-end down a creek bed. 

Out of curiosity........your speed at the moment of impact?