280z sheetmetal - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280z sheetmetal

Featured Replies

Which area??

The flat area of the slam panel or the very end of the quarter panel? There are at least five different panels that meet in this area

10 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

My experience with Tabco parts has been that they don't tend to fit well. 

Reports on quality from those who have bought from KlassicFab have been very good.

https://kfvintagejdm.com/shop/datsun/rear-hatch-slam-panel-datsun-240z/

Thanks! I'm bookmarking this link. Haven't seen them before.

240Z slam panel

Edited by siteunseen

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I patched those same areas myself.  The quarter end wasn't easy, but I don't recall that there were good alternatives.  The slam area was easier, but I probably would have used an available panel if I did it again.

The underside sections are pretty straightforward to form by hand, but the slam panel (the one you look at) is easier to buy and fit up.

  • Author

Is the 240 slam panel tge same as a 280

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.