IGNORED

Be careful with MIKEGREEN008

MorunoGarage

Hello partners.  Well, I'll tell you.  I've been looking for a manual pedal box for my 260z, and this guy contacted me because he had one.  We talked by email, he sent me photos, and we agreed on a price, plus shipping to Spain.  So far so good, all that was at the end of December.  I made the payment through PayPal (supposedly to his wife's account because his had problems or what do I know), a few days later he asked me for $60 more for taxes that Fedex asked for the shipment to Spain.  That money, he gave me a paypal account which he told me was not working well for him and he reimbursed me and I had to deposit it in another.  Well, a few days ago I asked him for the tracking number and he told me that he didn't have it yet, and a few days later I sent him an email again and he didn't answer me.  I suppose that I have lost my money and I will never receive the pedal box, but at least this way you can know what kind of person is this MIKEGREEEN008

• Sad 1

Did you need the whole pedal box with the two pedals? most of the actual boxes are set up for auto or manual applications. 

Normally you would just need the two pedals, springs, and mounting bolts. Not sure of your situation.  I think I still have a set if you're interested. 

Size and weight make up the freight price. Taxes are usually on your end when you pick it up. 

Sorry to hear of another scammer, they seem to be coming out of the woodwork in the classic car world. I am sure they are all over the place when there is need for goods.

If you sent as Goods and Services PayPal should cover you. Friends and family is always a risk.

• Like 2

Hello.  Well, I don't know exactly, if with only the pedals and springs, I can do the conversion to manual, I always saw that they mount the complete pedal box.  I'm going to wait a few days, see if he sends me the tracking number, or something.  It's a bit sad to meet people like that, in forums or groups where we should be to help each other.  I bought a rear plate for a manual transmission from another guy on the forum and everything went smoothly, I already have it at home.

I have claimed by paypal but since I made the payment as a family member or friend, there is little I can do.  I will take your offer, in case I don't get the part.

I recently completed the a/t to manual trans conversion. You definitely don’t need the pedal box. The provisions are there to mount the third pedal. Additionally you’ll need the narrower brake pedal as well. It will save you from having to remove the dash in-order to replace the box. There’s quite a lot of information here on the forum that guided me through the process. Hopefully you will receive the box and have all the individual components you need.

You can set your paypal account up to point to a checking account or a credit card.  Mine only points to a credit card.  If I ever have a discrepancy such as this, I dont bother contacting Paypal.   I just dispute it with my credit card company.  I always win.  Either I received the stuff or I didnt. 

Several years ago, I restored my Jeep Comanche pickup.  My factory rims were in bad shape and I found a place online somewhere that had 4 of them.  I bought them.   What I didnt realize was they found several rims throughout the country and sent them to me.  They each looked good but they didnt match.  The tint of the clearcoat was way off. It was very noticable.  I contacted the company I bought them from, and this woman told me I didnt buy a set of rims.  I bought 4 rims.  After a few phone calls, emails and photos, they dug their heals in and wouldnt let me send them back.  I contacted the credit card company and about 6 weeks later, I received an RMA in my email.

If you used a credit card, contact the card company directly.  Even though you specified family or friends, there is still an email paper trail.  Credit card would back that scam up in a minute.  I love boinking scammers like that.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Good advice above.

However, always use "goods and services" for purchases.  Even if you have to cover the small 3% fee.  Easy to get your money back from paypal in these circumstances... in fact, it is the best way to weed out scammers as they will no longer have the item for sale if you insist on  "goods and services".

I see your scammer has logged on since this thread: https://www.classiczcars.com/profile/36368-mikegreen008/

Good luck to you!

Edited by Johnz1971

11 hours ago, MorunoGarage said:

I have claimed by paypal but since I made the payment as a family member or friend, there is little I can do.  I will take your offer, in case I don't get the part.

As said above if you linked the funds through a credit card, ask the card company. I get the impression you linked your bank. I will confirm I have the whole set of pedals, and send pictures for you to decide you would like to proceed with another set. No rush, take the time to give @mikegreen008 the opportunity to make this right for you. Refund or the parts. 

5 hours ago, Johnz1971 said:

I see your scammer has logged on since this thread: https://www.classiczcars.com/profile/36368-mikegreen008/

Good luck to you!

54 days on the forum and no posts. @Mike should also be aware of this activity in my opinion.  

Good luck, as well. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 6:38 PM, Terrapin Z said:

As said above if you linked the funds through a credit card, ask the card company. I get the impression you linked your bank. I will confirm I have the whole set of pedals, and send pictures for you to decide you would like to proceed with another set. No rush, take the time to give @mikegreen008 the opportunity to make this right for you. Refund or the parts. 

54 days on the forum and no posts. @Mike should also be aware of this activity in my opinion.  

Good luck, as well. 

Hello mate.  I have the case in the hands of my bank and I filed a claim with PayPal.  On the other hand, if you send me photos of the pedals and parts that you have, I would appreciate it.  Also tell me the price.

7 hours ago, MorunoGarage said:

Hello mate.  I have the case in the hands of my bank and I filed a claim with PayPal.  On the other hand, if you send me photos of the pedals and parts that you have, I would appreciate it.  Also tell me the price.

That is an interesting list of "pop up sellers"  I have seen these kinds of scams a lot recently. When someone posts a want ad then these people all have one available. All new members with no posts. Glad to hear you are pursuing the money sent to the last "seller" Best of luck on that. 

Since it was a nice sunny weekend I went out and took some parts off the 76 280Z parts car, for future sales. I did pull the pedals, and seem to be missing 1 spring. You should have that same spring on your brake pedal. I will get some pictures this afternoon, as I am headed to work for the day. I will PM the pics and a price. I will also look into the shipping to Spain. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

That is an interesting list of "pop up sellers"  I have seen these kinds of scams a lot recently. When someone posts a want ad then these people all have one available. All new members with no posts. Glad to hear you are pursuing the money sent to the last "seller" Best of luck on that. 

Since it was a nice sunny weekend I went out and took some parts off the 76 280Z parts car, for future sales. I did pull the pedals, and seem to be missing 1 spring. You should have that same spring on your brake pedal. I will get some pictures this afternoon, as I am headed to work for the day. I will PM the pics and a price. I will also look into the shipping to Spain. 

Thank you so much.