IGNORED

Brakes dragging

z8987

Did the wheel move while on the ground?

If so, get a reference of where you need the wheel and mark it then put the wheel back on and move it to the right spot.

Or you could try a long pry bar between two wheel studs. Maybe wrap them in tape to protect the threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That worked. About one turn on the adjustment and off it came

• Like 1

That worked. About one turn on the adjustment and off it came

Now that I got the brake to release, what’s next? Somebody mentioned a service manual that includes brakes, which one?

Here's what I discovered today.  The first photo below shows the master cylinder with the smaller reservoir near the front of the master cylinder.  The second photo shows an R on the front of the master cylinder. The third photo show the rear pressure line from the master cylinder going to the portion of the brake warning switch that services the front brakes. 

Whoever replaced the new master cylinder didn't know that the new master cylinder was reversed and didn't reverse the lines. 

I don't know if this is what cause my left rear wheel to lock up.  Any thoughts on this?  

Is it critical that the front brakes are fed by the section labeled front on the master cylinder, it seems like they wouldn't waste their time labeling the master cylinder if it wasn't necessary ? 

Did I see this correctly ? 

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7574.jpg

IMG_7576.jpg

I would think it should function either way but should be corrected at some point. Probably not the source of you brake dragging though.

My guess is the front circuit being moved closer to the pedal has something to do with a rear brake circuit failure, but just a guess

Looks like a P.  But it would affect both wheels, if it affected anything.  But it shouldn't cause a lock-up.  An easy check if you're not sure is to open the bleed screw, since it's hydraulic.  Releasing pressure would release the shoe.  But, that's not going to eb the source of the problem.

In the big scheme of things it's the person who understands how the system works who might use the "R" for the front brake lines.  Because they would know that it doesn't really matter.

Did the brake linings look OK?  When I had a similar problem in the past, the linings were swollen from leaking brake fluid.  Were the shoes fully retracted?  Only if they were not would I look for a problem in the master or slave cylinder, or whatever we're allowed to call them now.

Very interesting that this has come up. I had asked about the newer vs the older M/C back in December and never got a definitive answer. From what you say it sounds like this has been done on your car. My guess is that you can swap the large and small reservoirs on the M/C and call it good. Of course we all have opinions.