IGNORED

Look what I found

z8987

1 hour ago, w3wilkes said:

I also thought the "no" response was a little on the negative side and really doesn't have anything to do with you being proud of your find. My guess is that Patcon also thought you had a nice find and was just curious on the range of the price for such a nice find (that us late comers have no idea on without pictures). Charles (patcon) is one of the more helpful/supportive people on these boards and other than you I doubt there's anybody else on these boards that saw his question as overly prying. I know when I was growing up and I got a just "no" (or "maybe" which always meant "no") from my parents it was viewed as a negative response. This whole thing reminds me of the kid that didn't get what he wanted so he took his ball away.

Charles was a gentleman.  He expressed his disappointment, he didn't take it personally.  DatsunZguy was the one to explain to me that posting pictures was boasting.  I've never seen myself as one that would boast, so I deleted my photos.  Also, I sent a pm to Charles letting him know what I paid.  Honestly, I was always taught to never ask people the price of anything.  If the buyer want's you to know, they will let you.  I've been told at times to quit boasting for providing the price.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

If you hold your cursor (or finger on a phone, I'd guess) over the person's avatar you have the option of Ignoring that person's posts.  When you're logged in you won't see their posts.  Out of sight, out of mind.

image.png

Why would you suggest blocking me? this is because I said no?  What about DatsunZguy, that's the source of all of this, not me.  lol 

2 minutes ago, z8987 said:

Why would you suggest blocking me? this is because I said no?  What about DatsunZguy, that's the source of all of this, not me.  lol 

I don’t think he was suggesting blocking you, but rather pointing out that blocking another member is an option for any member who finds another member bothersome.

At this point it might be a good idea to simply move on to other discussions, and let this thread take a rest.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Racer X said:

I don’t think he was suggesting blocking you, but rather pointing out that blocking another member is an option for any member who finds another member bothersome.

At this point it might be a good idea to simply move on to other discussions, and let this thread take a rest.

If I block somebody does it prevent them from posting on my threads ?  

10 minutes ago, z8987 said:

I was showing you the Ignore option without choosing who to Ignore.  I would have used my own account to show you but you can't Ignore yourself. so the option does not show.

2 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I was showing you the Ignore option without choosing who to Ignore.  I would have used my own account to show you but you can't Ignore yourself. so the option does not show.

Thank you.  Hey, If people keep commenting, I don't really have a reason to not comment.  I'm the kind of guy that makes noise.  When I worked for the government and they were overspending, I would bring it up.  They told me it was none of my business.  I was a tax payer so I saw it as my business.   

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, z8987 said:

DatsunZguy was the one to explain to me that posting pictures was boasting.

Sorry I misunderstood who you were directing at. I personally wouldn't have seen it as boasting. Just like I don't see datsunzguy, myself and others boasting with pictures of our cars in our signatures. If you got a great car boast away, most of us are happy for anyone that acquires a great car and we do like to see them.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:36 AM, jfa.series1 said:

WOW - what a time machine! Congrats on locating this one. VIN and build date please.

Yep……From the quick glance I got, she’s quite the find….a real time capsule! I think Jim will agree a great color too. Glad you’re on the forum……If you need any help, we’ll get answers for you……we are all “Legends in our own Minds!”  Congrats

• Like 1

Shame to see this thread go off the rails. The 'no' response was a bit curt, but whatever, not a huge deal. As for boasting, I think that's ridiculous. OP got himself a nice car and was excited to share, is that not what this forum is for?

I think it'd be good if a mod would prune this thread back, and we could all just move on. Would be good if OP would put his pics back up. Just ignore the guy complaining. 

Edited by rturbo 930
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2