IGNORED

Look what I found

z8987

1 hour ago, Yarb said:

@Patcon simply asked for a ball park figure. The ballpark can be any size you like. You boast upon your find which I think is fantastic but a rude response was not necessary.

How is no rude. It’s simple and to the point. I’m not boasting. I’m sharing the fulfillment of a childhood dream. I come here to share and learn. This is my second amazing find I’ve shared here. I work hard at this.  I have another barn find I’ve been working on for close to a year. 

My first find was 8987.  I shared that here including the price.  Im choosing not to share what this one cost. Just because. If I said it’s none of your business that would be rude. Or if I said read the rest of the thread and you will see I’m uncomfortable with sharing that information, I guess you’d say that’s rude. Im not sure what works for sensitive people but no is a complete sentence.  No attitude here, just no. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, z8987 said:

How is no rude. It’s simple and to the point. I’m not boasting. I’m sharing the fulfillment of a childhood dream. I come here to share and learn. This is my second amazing find I’ve shared here. I work hard at this.  I have another barn find I’ve been working on for close to a year. 

Newsflash: by peppering this thread with multiple photos of your latest acquisition you are boasting

You could learn much from Bob and Marci, the original owners of this car, on the finer points of etiquette.

Edited by DatsunZGuy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Newsflash: by peppering this thread with multiple photos of your latest acquisition you are boasting

You could learn much from Bob and Marci, the original owners of this car, on the finer points of etiquette.

There you go. I deleted all the photos.  I couldn’t figure out how to delete the post.  Also, out of respect for the seller I never mentioned names, prices etc.   I don’t know how they feel about that, that’s one reason I never brought it up.  I won’t boast with pictures of my finds in the future.  I’ll leave  my old posts for 8987. 

Don't let one guy ruin it for everybody.  It's the internet.  

Edit - Actually I see several people criticising.  Still, ride it out.  The vast majority of car buffs were not top students in English class.  Writing, reading, and comprehension skills only went as far as making a list of car parts while the teacher spoke.  If your intentions were good it will come through.  

Good luck with the car.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Agree 1

Honestly that’s the best way to straighten out the one guy.  He’s totally responsible for this.  I was having a blast here.  I’ll come here for help.  I’ve got a lot out of the forum, I’ll continue to ask for help and share the results of the help I get. I checked out my oil bar tonight. I had to make a remote ignition switch and then I made a video  of the oil bar in action.  The oil bar was functioning 100%.  Much better than the other car.  The first oil bar I removed from my other z came apart in 3 pieces.  This one looked like brand new.  The cam and retainers look like new. I think this is a result of regular oil changes and the proper care and feeding of the car.

My other z looked like the oil was never changed.  It was black everywhere in the valve cover.  The oil pan told a story. It has 2” of sludge.  There was part in the oil pan.  It was pretty cool to see that also.  It was seriously abused. I’ll stick to technical stuff.  That’s what I like most of all. 

• Like 1

Datsunzguy,

I thought of a way that everybody can get what I paid for it. You obviously know who I bought it from. Why don’t you contact them and ask if they mind if you put their name on the Internet, because that would be proper etiquette, and ask them how much I paid them, and then you can post it here. I didn’t want to put their information out here without their ok, and I really didn’t want to bother them. For now my answer is no, but feel free to get what information you can and post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't really looking for specifics...

I thought it would be an interesting anecdote if a survivor Z like this could be found for a reasonable number. After watching BaT, cars like this bring, sometimes, serious money. I thought it would be encouraging to others who might be looking for a car to validate that nice cars are still available for a reasonable price. That is why I asked

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

I hate to feed the fire, but, although Patcon is always one of the level-headed respectful members, in this case, asking how much somebody paid is not quite right.  I think the old word to describe the request used to be "gauche", I although I don't know why since it's just French for left.  So we had a wrong request and a poor response and now people are piling on.

He did provide the VIN and it is in Carl Beck's list.  And, I think that "Bob and Marci" have posted on the site since I joined back in 2009.  So, maybe they had a reason to sell.  Maybe something happened.  That's where I would go if I knew them or had a personal relationship with them.  I would @ them but if they wanted to talk about selling their car they probably would have posted already.

• Like 1

For what its worth, I didn’t take the reply as rude. A simple, one word, reply. 

As far as boasting goes, I didn’t see the sharing of an acquisition such as this anything more than a proud owner sharing his new to him Z.

The car is awesome.

I am almost envious.