IGNORED

Need help finding the best way to install Thermostat Electric Fan Switch on 280z

Ownallday

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

Most of the time a temperature probe is strapped to the radiator some where. Have you looked for fan switch setups at Summit Racing or Jeg's?

This is what Patcon is referring to:

Electric fan controller

Sildes between the fins of the radiator, or could be mounted alongside, but should be in the airflow.

Just noticed that this is preset at 185, but they make similar that are adjustable.

Edited by crayZlair
added text for clarity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crayZlair said:

Electric fan controller

Sildes between the fins of the radiator, or could be mounted alongside, but should be in the airflow.

Just noticed that this is preset at 185, but they make similar that are adjustable.

Oh that's interesting, never seen or heard of anything like that. Wonder how accurate it is. I might try an adjustable one out and see if I can fit it in between the shroud somehow. Thanks for the clarification!

Edited by Ownallday

I have the twin fans on my 71 240. I used a thermostat housing from 280z to mount a sensor for my fans. Fans come on at 180 and off at 220. Also hooked to relays so they come on when a/c is turned on. You have webers on your car so your thermostat housing should work fine. I purchased a temp sensor and taped the housing for the threads. Lower sensor is for fans.

KIMG0006 (1).JPG

Edited by billgtp
correct temperature settings on 220 off 180 (104c on 82.2 c off
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, billgtp said:

Fans come on at 180 and off at 220.

Ofcourse you mean: they come on at 220 and off at 180 ..

And please put a F after it as we euro's don't know Mr Fahrenheit.. we use Mr Celcius  hahaha..  

(That is always fun.. celcius Fahrenheit.. kelvin.. but the most fun is foot and meters.. there were made A LOT of mistakes.. someone bought a boat in the states, thought it was meters and found it very cheap.. he got the boat... in foot... ROFL )  (people with more examples, make a extra topic, don't want to make this one a mess..;-) )

Btw, nice solution to use another th.housing for a extra th.switch!

Edited by dutchzcarguy

16 hours ago, crayZlair said:

Electric fan controller

I have the probe style controller with fan mounted in front of the radiator.  My 3.1L stroker stays cool on the street here in hot and sunny Myrtle Beach.  The controller is adjustable and was from Jegs or Summit.  It's worked well for several years. 

15 hours ago, billgtp said:

I have the twin fans on my 71 240. I used a thermostat housing from 280z to mount a sensor for my fans. Fans come on at 180 and off at 220. Also hooked to relays so they come on when a/c is turned on. You have webers on your car so your thermostat housing should work fine. I purchased a temp sensor and taped the housing for the threads. Lower sensor is for fans.

KIMG0006 (1).JPG

Yes this is what I want to go for! I guess I will have to tap out the threads for the sensor. Found the lower left hole is a m14x1.5 npt and no sensors are made to fit that. Question, why do you have the fans coming on at 220F? Isn't that a little too hot?