IGNORED

Wheelwell

ennisdavis

The thing that freaked me out was the day I discovered the hatch lock striker bar isn’t in the center of the slam panel. The release button up on the hatch deck is in the middle, but not the actual catch

Sometimes we assume symmetry where none exists.

11 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

It's all relative, right? 😄

Ah, but relative to Left and Right hand sides of the car, not 'Driver' and 'Passenger'...

And of course, all this is Domino Effect. The fuel tank is offset to the Right hand side because the exhaust is on the Left hand side of the car, because the exhaust manifold is on the Left hand side of the engine. Design Concession in action.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Ah, but relative to Left and Right hand sides of the car, not 'Driver' and 'Passenger'...

And of course, all this is Domino Effect. The fuel tank is offset to the Right hand side because the exhaust is on the Left hand side of the car, because the exhaust manifold is on the Left hand side of the engine. Design Concession in action.

I was originally going to reference left and right but was concerned that might cause confusion based on whether they knew that was based on looking from the rear of the car

• Like 1